Sign in to follow this  
SnooSnooKachu

Windows 7 sleep oddities

I recently started using Windows 7 sleep instead of shutting down my computer completely, and I've noticed some weird but minor things happening. When my computer wakes from sleep, my hard drive LED starts to blink at a slow pulse, like the power LED when the computer is sleeping. It does this even when there is no actual hard drive activity. Also, when I made the computer sleep a second time without restarting, Windows Aero was disabled. After I restarted my computer, Aero came back and my hard drive light stopped pulsing. Does anyone know of a way to remedy these things? I haven't been able to find any info through Google. Thanks!

I recently started using Windows 7 sleep instead of shutting down my computer completely, and I've noticed some weird but minor things happening. When my computer wakes from sleep, my hard drive LED starts to blink at a slow pulse, like the power LED when the computer is sleeping. It does this even when there is no actual hard drive activity. Also, when I made the computer sleep a second time without restarting, Windows Aero was disabled. After I restarted my computer, Aero came back and my hard drive light stopped pulsing. Does anyone know of a way to remedy these things? I haven't been able to find any info through Google. Thanks!

Are you using 64 or 32 bit Win7?