Shutdown Timer I Made

sandeepb

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Its look really great but if you have old version then it will not working in Operating system so you have to installeed again this version and after that installed it works well and good in your operating system and also very nice for safety purpose.

Hi

thanks for the idea I understand what you mean.

What do you guys think of what v2.7/3.0 looks like?

If your wondering why the Networking Options is highlighted and the Time & Date Options is being shown it's because I'm just giving a little demo on what happens if you move the mouse over the icons.

nwzbdz.png

Feedback and your views on it will be great.

Hi

thanks for the idea I understand what you mean.

What do you guys think of what v2.7/3.0 looks like?

If your wondering why the Networking Options is highlighted and the Time & Date Options is being shown it's because I'm just giving a little demo on what happens if you move the mouse over the icons.

nwzbdz.png

Feedback and your views on it will be great.

Looks great, couldn't be better really :P

I haven't yet tried it, but seems like a pretty useful tool, good job!

SP,

Thanks for all the work you've been putting into this. While it might not be everyone's cup of tea - it's nice to see someone around here doing something for the community. In fact this is one of the nicest GUI based shutdown timers that I've seen. Incorporation of shutdown prompts for temp or network violations is genius too! :)

I'll give it a go and see how everything works. What kind of systems footprint does this make when installed? i.e. memory usage, cpu cycles etc.

SP,

Thanks for all the work you've been putting into this. While it might not be everyone's cup of tea - it's nice to see someone around here doing something for the community. In fact this is one of the nicest GUI based shutdown timers that I've seen. Incorporation of shutdown prompts for temp or network violations is genius too! :)

I'll give it a go and see how everything works. What kind of systems footprint does this make when installed? i.e. memory usage, cpu cycles etc.

Thanks for the comments, I will hopefully implementing a lot more features in the new version.

Since the Application is based on C# it will leave a larger memory footprint than normal applications written in C++, but CPU Usage is ok, as a note to UI responsiveness, there is an issue with it at startup, this is because there is soo much packed in the application and it hangs a bit at the start to load everything.

I am working on this and v2.7/3.0 as you see above will include multithreading and will be much more cleanly coded.

Since the Application is based on C# it will leave a larger memory footprint than normal applications written in C++, but CPU Usage is ok, as a note to UI responsiveness, there is an issue with it at startup, this is because there is soo much packed in the application and it hangs a bit at the start to load everything.

Try running your startup code in a different thread :)

I think this is C# .NET? The BackgroundWorker component is really easy to use

Edited by Zertz

Try running your startup code in a different thread :)

I think this is C# .NET? The BackgroundWorker component is really easy to use

if you know how to seriously please contact me. Threading was not my best part of programming.

if you know how to seriously please contact me. Threading was not my best part of programming.

Haven't touched this in a while, but yeah I could probably give you a hand

Your program looks great btw! It felt a little sluggish at times, I think it could benefit quite a bit from running whatever background checks you're doing in separate threads. P.S. Timers are evil :P

Edited by Zertz

I'm very satisfied with my computer shutdown system!

Don't need ur system!

:withstupid:

buick regal supercharger

Then why even bother posting????? Especially posting with EXCLAMATION points. Really if you don't have anything constructive to add or give thanks for personal time a forum member is investing in something cool that he is willing to share with everyone for FREE...... then move on to something else.