Sign in to follow this  
Great_Gig

Booting straight to Windows 7 desktop?

Been trying to sort this out, but having a bit of a problem!

I am running Windows 7 Pro x64 and it would always boot straight to the desktop. Over the weekend I installed VMware Player 3.0 and now the OS always boots to the log-in screen and not the desktop, which is annoying to say the least.... <_< I thought it maybe because there is an install setting for just me and not all users, but that's not the case. I've tried a reinstall, but get the same thing. Without VMware it always goes straight to the desktop, but with VMware the log-on screen with my user name, I don't have a password setup either.

I have tried to sort it and I know with XP and TweakUI you could set it to bypass the log-in screen - any ideas guys?

Try:

To Automatically Login:

Press the Windows + R keyboard shortcut. Then enter control userpasswords2 in Run dialog box and hit enter.

Under User Accounts dialog box, uncheck the box named Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer

Click Apply button to see the Automatically Log On dialog box. If you have a password for your user account, enter the password and click ok. If you don

:D :D :D

Sweet, that's done the trick - that's another beer I owe an OCC member (in fact it's quite a few now!).

Many thanks