Problems with Ram clocked at 1066? (ddr2 1066 gskill)

Why does my system blue screen and not pass 5 seconds on OCCT when my ram is auto clocked to 1066... my board is compatible and I tried upping voltage to 2.0 and still no change..

I've had problems too with my gigabyte board and 4Gb G.Skill DDR2 1066Mhz ram. I really wanted to game and never had no time to figure it out so I just set it at 800Mhz with 4-4-4-12 timings :( Make sure you have the latest bios version which is F5B for you board, it comes up when you restart your computer. Try raising the ram voltage higher to 2.1V. Try giving the northbridge voltage a bump, mines stock a 1.1V, try raising it to 1.2V. Go to the timing settings and make it manual not auto, select unganged, then make the timings what your ram rated for, probably 5-5-5-15. Hope this helps :)

A lot of G.Skill 1066 needs 2.0 ~ 2.1 volts to run stable at 1066MHz. My F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK has never missed a beat at 5-5-5-15 and 2.1 volts. Have you checked the G.Skill website for the recommended timings and voltage for your particular type (there are many). Some sticks need 2.3 ~ 2.4 volts, you need to check which one you have? Find the actual product code for your model and see what G.Skill recommends - it's possible you are not giving it enough juice.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?c1=1&c2=2&c3=2

Edited by Great_Gig

A lot of G.Skill 1066 needs 2.0 ~ 2.1 volts to run stable at 1066MHz. My F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK has never missed a beat at 5-5-5-15 and 2.1 volts. Have you checked the G.Skill website for the recommended timings and voltage for your particular type (there are many). Some sticks need 2.3 ~ 2.4 volts, you need to check which one you have? Find the actual product code for your model and see what G.Skill recommends - it's possible you are not giving it enough juice.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?c1=1&c2=2&c3=2

Looks like mine isnt qualified for my board? F2-8500CL5

Just chagned timings and votlage to what u said and it still BSOD during Cpu stress test

Edited by compbrainiac

Why does my system blue screen and not pass 5 seconds on OCCT when my ram is auto clocked to 1066... my board is compatible and I tried upping voltage to 2.0 and still no change..

What is the serial number on the sticks?

BPQ sticks need secondary setting changes to make them work well...

you may also need to losen TRFC (the slot frequency) and add more Northbridge vcore and by northbridge I mean chipset....

Run the ram on a divider to lower the speed that may help

What is the serial number on the sticks?

BPQ sticks need secondary setting changes to make them work well...

you may also need to losen TRFC (the slot frequency) and add more Northbridge vcore and by northbridge I mean chipset....

Run the ram on a divider to lower the speed that may help

Serial is few posts above.. I think I read something about maybe having to raise FSB??? Im not sure. The Ram i got was paired up with my motherboard..

Comp,

First thing to do is test each stick individually using Memtest and determine if both sticks are "good" and work at BIOS default settings, save manually adjusting your vdram and four primary timings to those specified by the mfg.

Please provide the last five alpha/numeric codes on your RAM part number.

You've already noted that F2-8500CL5, which is a start, but we need to know whether they are F2-8500CL5-xGBPK, F2-8500CL5-xGBPI etc.

Edited by wevsspot

I've had problems too with my gigabyte board and 4Gb G.Skill DDR2 1066Mhz ram. I really wanted to game and never had no time to figure it out so I just set it at 800Mhz with 4-4-4-12 timings :( Make sure you have the latest bios version which is F5B for you board, it comes up when you restart your computer. Try raising the ram voltage higher to 2.1V. Try giving the northbridge voltage a bump, mines stock a 1.1V, try raising it to 1.2V. Go to the timing settings and make it manual not auto, select unganged, then make the timings what your ram rated for, probably 5-5-5-15. Hope this helps :)

thats funny i always blamed that same problem on my hyperx but maybe its gigabyte cause thats the mobo i have... maybe