System under $200? I have the mobo, CD-Rom

rowebil

Yea my first post on the thread was lacking information

I have a case

Dvd-Rom - burner ( I said CD-ROM, but it's a DVD because the CD drives are very old)

Motherboard ( I don't know if it works )

Power supply ( I don't know if it works )

Built in video card in motherboard ( Don't know if mobo works)

is the case atx or matx

does your psu have a 20 or 24 pin cable

what kind of memory standard is your motherboard

does it have a pci-e slot or agp slot?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't build a watercooling system with that kind of budget. A watercooling system is going to cost anywhere from $150-$200, anything less and your better off sticking to stock cooling lol.

Yea it sucks. So they sent me another norton disk. Norton is terrible anyway, so it doesn't matter as of right now. But RAM would be nice to still have in the computer.!

I should have thought of this earlier, but I'm going to check the power supply to see if it works. The motherboard connector atleast.

Okay, I left this reply window up, and tested it.

The power supply works. I take a paper clip and put together the green and ground wire. It turns the power supply fan on, nothing else. Can't get DVD to come on either.

I also tested the power on switch. I used a paper clip and linked up the Red and black pin, and didn't start motherboard.

So, the power supply isn't starting DVD rom, don't know ifmotherboard has to be running?

And power on switch works, but motherboard pins don't.

I shold have probably knew long time ago, how to test the molex connectors because I'm in trade school for A+ like I said earlier.

So, what does anyone else have to say?

Also, if I keep my case, can I liquid cool with the case? Or does it have to be a spcial case? Also, I have processor.

Hard drive I have as well!

Edited by rowebil

ouch! $200 isn't going to cut it.

I'd save up some more

I might wait. Not too sure.

I just want to get something started now, then build on in the future.

Nope, can't be mine.

On the front on the case it says

Intel Celeron

D

Edited by rowebil

Base processor

Celeron 330 (P) 2.66 GHz

533 MHz Front side bus

Socket 478

Motherboard specs

CPU

* Socket 478 for Intel P4 Williamette and Northwood processors

* Supports Intel Pentium 4 processor up to 2.8 GHz

* Supports Intel Celeron processor up to 3.06 GHz (Prescott based Celeron with 533MHz FSB)

I would just save your money until you can build an entire system.

Prices of components go down over time or new parts that perform better come out at the same price.

If you buy a video card now and can't use it for 6 months, its not doing you much good, and will have dropped in value in that time.

I would completely forget about water cooling if I were you its mostly just for show,

good air cooling can get you overclocks close to water systems at a fraction of the price.

I say save the case and save up money for all the internals, you will have a better system in the end.

I just want to get something started now, then build on in the future.

you need to be more patient, sure you might be able to build something for $200 but its all going to be terrible junk and you are not going to be able to reuse any of it when you start to upgrade so you will really be just wasting your money.

we all want every thing right now but its the ability to be patient that allows us to obtain much more

I would completely forget about water cooling if I were you its mostly just for show,

good air cooling can get you overclocks close to water systems at a fraction of the price.

That would be true if it were cheap garbage parts. Invest your money the right way when picking out watercooling parts and it will exceed air cooling.

Just forget about the whole watercooling subject in general. You can't do watercooling with a $200 budget when you still have to spend money on other parts that you haven't even got yet.