2010 New Beginnings

Bosco

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that Build Logs should be a sub-topic of System Builds (since people mostly post there for advice first).

Also I think he meant DIY to be a section and not a forum. (Links on the left).

To further develop this, DIY could, and I believe should, be a section in the OCC wiki. It can, of course, be linked to on the home page, but, if we're going to have a wiki, let's make use of it!

Also, perhaps to start off, we can add a 'Worklogs' sub-board to the 'System Builds' board.

Edited by nVidia_Freak

To further develop this, DIY could, and I believe should, be a section in the OCC wiki. It can, of course, be linked to on the home page, but, if we're going to have a wiki, let's make use of it!

Also, perhaps to start off, we can add a 'Worklogs' sub-board to the 'System Builds' board.

Yes I agree lets use the wiki as much as possible.

A sub forum off system builds as you guys suggested sounds like a good idea.

What do you want to call it? System Worklog? Just worklog?

I believe 'Worklogs' is best. It's simple and it would be in the 'System Builds' board. When you're already in that area there's no need for unnecessary redundancy.

Done

Good stuff.

Just to throw it out there, perhaps the overclocking FAQ could be a part of the wiki. Furthermore, when the time comes, it could be one of the first entries, if not the first one itself. Overclocking isn't something you want to run into completely clueless about, but it's relatively easy, necessary if you're on OCC, and enough of us know how to do it to put together a good article.

To add/expand to that, it might be a good idea to have some articles on the wiki before it's opened for everyone to use. It doesn't need to be in depth, just some simple and necessary ones, like overclocking, a few other guides or 'how-to's, that way it's not completely barren and people have something to work with. That way you don't get a whole bunch of people wondering what to write about and how to put it together. With some stuff already there, prospective contributors can expand the wiki rather than haphazardly putting up patchy articles. It could help to maintain some level of consistency and quality.

Just some thoughts, and they might be somewhat incoherent, as I'm tired. I'd love to keep tapping F5, I like the stuff you've got planned and I'd like nothing more than for it to be put together correctly, but I need sleep. ^_^

Much :wub: to OCC.

I would love to go on that camping trip. Camping + hiking FTW!!

Thanks for the worklog add Dave :thumbs-up:

Since you added my worklog thread to it, I will be sure to complete my entire worklog just to get everything started.

I have one more suggestion though. Is it possible for OCC to have the Youtube video add-on support so that we can watch the videos directly on here instead of someone posting a link to the video like some other forums have?

Edited by Queenz

Good stuff.

Just to throw it out there, perhaps the overclocking FAQ could be a part of the wiki. Furthermore, when the time comes, it could be one of the first entries, if not the first one itself. Overclocking isn't something you want to run into completely clueless about, but it's relatively easy, necessary if you're on OCC, and enough of us know how to do it to put together a good article.

To add/expand to that, it might be a good idea to have some articles on the wiki before it's opened for everyone to use. It doesn't need to be in depth, just some simple and necessary ones, like overclocking, a few other guides or 'how-to's, that way it's not completely barren and people have something to work with. That way you don't get a whole bunch of people wondering what to write about and how to put it together. With some stuff already there, prospective contributors can expand the wiki rather than haphazardly putting up patchy articles. It could help to maintain some level of consistency and quality.

Just some thoughts, and they might be somewhat incoherent, as I'm tired. I'd love to keep tapping F5, I like the stuff you've got planned and I'd like nothing more than for it to be put together correctly, but I need sleep. ^_^

Much :wub: to OCC.

Ya the overclocking FAQ is going to be part of the Wiki that way it can keep getting updated. We are in the process now of adding some stuff on it to get it started then we will go from there.

I have one more suggestion though. Is it possible for OCC to have the Youtube video add-on support so that we can watch the videos directly on here instead of someone posting a link to the video like some other forums have?

That is going to be added on the forum upgrade and if I remember correctly Facebook is added as well :)

Ya the overclocking FAQ is going to be part of the Wiki that way it can keep getting updated. We are in the process now of adding some stuff on it to get it started then we will go from there.

That is going to be added on the forum upgrade and if I remember correctly Facebook is added as well :)

aww awesome man!! Leave it to Dave to get the good stuff :D