Sign in to follow this  
Bosco

2010 New Beginnings

First of I want to wish you all a happy New Year, I hope everyone had a great Christmas as well.

I want to thank everyone for their support in 2009 as well as the prior years. This community is massive and grows by the hundreds every month nothing short of amazing. Everything was a record for us from posts, hits and new members. In 2009 we gained 4286 registrations not bad not bad at all :) 2009 was a great year for us article wise, if I remember correctly we finished with 232 not to bad. The only downside we had this year was the loss of Verran on Dec 4th which is still really bugging me, but I know he is in a better place.

I have had alot of PM's and Emails asking what's happening in 2010. Well I can answer a few of those questions right now. Here is a list of things that is coming for 2010:

CES 2010

Forum Upgrade

OCC Wiki

Overclocking FAQ

More article roundups

OCC Podcasts

OCC Videos

More Contests

OCC Camping trip

More Random prize giveaways for active members

So as you can see there is alot coming up. You are going see some decent changes around here that will take us to another level. I am tired of the little rinky dink sites out there claiming to be a review site when it fact that are crap. We are big site, now its time to act and be one. It's time to launch OCC into another level. If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions or would like to help out with the OCC Wiki or what not let me know. We are planning on allowing the members to edit, add, delete etc so you guys can get involved because this is your site too. :) There just may be some sweet prizes in it for those of you that help maintain it, not that you guys are not spoiled enough as it is haha. But on a serious note I really want to push more contests this year because you the community deserve to be rewarded for supporting OCC. :)

CES is from Jan 6th - 11th which we are attending, we have a massive crew going this year so expect some great coverage. I have Verran's memorial to attend on Jan 23rd but expect things to start happening shortly after that.

Dave

That certainly sounds like OCC will be having some fun this year.

The new upgrade is going to be awesome and I've always wanted an OCC wiki.

CES 2010 sounds like it'll be a blast too...

Sounds great Dave :)

What I've been really wanting to see around here for quite sometime now is a facelift on OCC. The current theme is starting to look a bit dated and a refresh would really compliment the already great layout that is applied to this site.

One thing I thought would be a great section to add is a build log section. I know that we have the System Build's section, but a section dedicated only to uploading progress and pictures of builds would be nice too. I've seen this on many other tech websites and it makes it alot easier to find logs some members make.

Another good section would be a dedicated DIY section.

What's up with the OCC camping trip?

Edited by Queenz

Sounds great Dave :)

What I've been really wanting to see around here for quite sometime now is a facelift on OCC. The current theme is starting to look a bit dated and a refresh would really compliment the already great layout that is applied to this site.

One thing I thought would be a great section to add is a build log section. I know that we have the System Build's section, but a section dedicated only to uploading progress and pictures of builds would be nice too. I've seen this on many other tech websites and it makes it alot easier to find logs some members make.

Another good section would be a dedicated DIY section.

What's up with the OCC camping trip?

The facelift will have to wait a bit since that is a ton of work but its noted.

I see no reason why we cannot add a Build Log Section.

Dedicated DIY Section? Can you give me an example?

Camping trip is something that we have talking about for over the last year or so. We were going to do a staff one but I thought that we can open it up to everyone. Basically we will find somewhat of a central location and pick a long weekend and all head out.

:mellow:

What I've been really wanting to see around here for quite sometime now is a facelift on OCC. The current theme is starting to look a bit dated ...

This is a good idea. A dedicated logs section would make a place for anyone that wants to show off their projects in progress. I, for one, enjoy reading work logs. +1

One thing I thought would be a great section to add is a build log section. I know that we have the System Build's section, but a section dedicated only to uploading progress and pictures of builds would be nice too.

Also, will we need to do anything special to be contributors to the OCC wiki or will it be open for all? I'm interested in this.

2010 may indeed be another good year for OCC. B:)

:mellow:

This is a good idea. A dedicated logs section would make a place for anyone that wants to show off their projects in progress. I, for one, enjoy reading work logs. +1

Also, will we need to do anything special to be contributors to the OCC wiki or will it be open for all? I'm interested in this.

2010 may indeed be another good year for OCC. B:)

No you won't have to do anything special it will be open to everyone.

I enjoy worklogs as well :)

People do system builds on here all the time but fail to post up lots of pictures and information. One of the many reasons why I love build logs. I thought that having a dedicated build log section would encourage people to start making them.

An example of the DIY section would be something like: wire management, setting up raid, piecing together the proper parts, installing windows, how to build a computer, anything really. The members could make their own DIY's for everyone to read. This would come in handy especially for members who come in here with alot of questions and need help. It would be a faster way to pointing them in the right direction.

Edited by Queenz

First of I want to wish you all a happy New Year, I hope everyone had a great Christmas as well

Dave

ima try my best to be all in...it has been a good year !! this next better yet... :D

People do system builds on here all the time but fail to post up lots of pictures and information. One of the many reasons why I love build logs. I thought that having a dedicated build log section would encourage people to start making them.

An example of the DIY section would be something like: wire management, setting up raid, piecing together the proper parts, installing windows, how to build a computer, anything really. The members could make their own DIY's for everyone to read. This would come in handy especially for members who come in here with alot of questions and need help. It would be a faster way to pointing them in the right direction.

Could we not have the Build and the DIY as one.

Call it something like Build and DIY Forum something to that affect?

I don't see why the Build Log couldn't be added into System builds.

Sign in to follow this