Can you do Xfire with pci x4 and x16?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was goign to have the 5750 in x16 and either a 4670 or above in the x4... is it worth it or should I just run 1 card x16? No way I can make it x8/x8 in bios right?

Yeah you should be ok, the 4670 may not be limited at all, though I must ask why you need a 4670 running along a 5750??

I was goign to have the 5750 in x16 and either a 4670 or above in the x4... is it worth it or should I just run 1 card x16? No way I can make it x8/x8 in bios right?

You can't CrossFire these two cards, the first two digits have to be the same ;)

And right, you cannot change how lanes are configured, this is hardwired on the board.

Edited by Zertz

You can't CrossFire these two cards, the first two digits have to be the same ;)

And right, you cannot change how lanes are configured, this is hardwired on the board.

:withstupid: Yea they have to be the same generation cards...

Is it worth getting another 5750 for the x4 slot or should I save my money?

If it was me personally I would save my money and upgrade the motherboard/cpu to an I7 and throw a couple 5870s in it, just really depends on your needs...

As you can see in the pic below the 5870 didnt lose much bandwidth in a 4x pcie slot. The 5750 uses way less beadwidth so it wont affect it.

crysis_1920_1200.gif

wow that's interesting, definitely couldn't run it at 1x but 4x isn't much of a loss at all. a 5750 CERTAINLY won't get affected now. and too OP I'd save money for a 5850 and then sell your 5750 at that time :)

If it was me personally I would save my money and upgrade the motherboard/cpu to an I7 and throw a couple 5870s in it, just really depends on your needs...

really all he needs/wants is more graphics power, and he has a very nice cpu as it is (clocked to 3.8ghz no less :thumbs-up:)