cant seem to get pats 3.8ghz

Savan

I just checked. its C2. so I guess there isnt much more I can do with it on air

I'd still try the suggestions, and although I'm a complete AMD novice if you can go higher I'd say you don't have too much more headroom to deal with.

(then again this is coming from someone who couldn't overclock his dad's 940 one drop :lol:)

Is this an i7?

I don't know if you have already disabled these but its worth a shot.

EIST, C1E, Virtualization technology, Turbo boost, Execute Disable Bit and C3/C6/C7 States.

Turbo boost isn't normally disabled even on OCed i7's but worth a try.

Can also try putting fans on the RAM and northbridge,

Er... it clearly states in the first line of his post that it's an AMD Phenom II. So no, no i7. :rolleyes:

Yea im not used to seeing AMD cpus clocked that high, thats why I assumed i7.

But Im sure AMD mobos have counterparts of those settings to check.

Yea im not used to seeing AMD cpus clocked that high, thats why I assumed i7.

But Im sure AMD mobos have counterparts of those settings to check.

yeah other than the power saving stuff having different names, the i7 and i5 are alot more similar to the AMDs

Make sure you got C&Q disabled in the bios and set the cpu fan to run at maximum all the time. What voltage were you using to test 3.9Ghz with, 1.5V should be enough for 3.9Ghz. What speed is your NB running at? Did you try raising the NB frequency to around 2600-2800Mhz and the CPU-NB voltage to around 1.3V. Also you might have to give the CPU-NB VID a slight bump. My system wouldn't boot at NB 2400Mhz until I raised the CPU-NB VID +.075. You might want to set your ram to stock settings to see if that helps too.

+1

Do try this. High probability to actually help with the OC. If not get you to 4.0Ghz it might at least get you to 3.9Ghz. My 550 couldn't get to 3.9 if I didn't up the NB, nb voltage and something with the ram but I don't quite remember what I did.

well I don't know about you but 3.80 is pretty good for a c2 step. I can only get mine to 3.70 but its a stable 3.70. im probly going to get a phenom II 955 later on this year and see what the c3 stepping will do. WIll be fun.