graphics card too loud

nugga

Im not too comfortable with something in my pc being over 90C... If it runs 95C all day long then its gonna have a pretty big impact on the case temperature and overclocked it climbs to near 90C in about 5 mins under load.

The 8600GT is 43W stock, while the HD 4890 is 190W. Thats almost 4.5 times more watts. I doubt 2 more heatpipes can increase it's effectiveness 4 times. So im pretty confident that it's gonna need a good direct airflow to keep the HD 4890 cooled.

my 4870x2 runs about 90C+ on auto fan, I don't care since it's never caused any problems. Stability or otherwise. It doesn't over heat the surrounding components (of course my case is open so I don't know if it'd be an issue if closed)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 4870x2 runs about 90C+ on auto fan, I don't care since it's never caused any problems. Stability or otherwise. It doesn't over heat the surrounding components (of course my case is open so I don't know if it'd be an issue if closed)

My mate has a 4870x2 too. I've never really liked that thing :P You have to sacrifice either the quietness or the low temperature. I prefer to have both :D

I'd suggest cleaning the card regularly. My mate even made a

of it, he got a 23C drop in load temp after cleaning. He runs the fan @ 80% most of the time tho.

My mate has a 4870x2 too. I've never really liked that thing :P You have to sacrifice either the quietness or the low temperature. I prefer to have both :D

of it, he got a 23C drop in load temp after cleaning. He runs the fan @ 80% most of the time tho.

I just run auto fan and it never get's loud at all, except for folding which'll make almost any card screech.

or you could get an arctic accelero x2 for it.. for approx 60$ and ull have super quietness and low temps but your card will then take 2 and half pci slots for the x2 that is

ya I might let my dad borrow my 8800GT since I never play any physx games and maybe I'll order one :D

At 80% you might as well have a friggin jet engine running beside you,, how the heck does he put up with that??????????

at 50% my card gets incredibly irritating,

If you are gonna use an air compressor to clean your computer parts you really should have an air dryer installed on the air line as air compressors create a TON of moisture

Edited by feetfats

He uses the air compressor for the video card only. He just crancks up the music with his Logitech Z-5500 :)

I have a Musashi on my 4890. It's inaudible at 100% fan speed and dropped my temps a few degrees. It will wiggle around on the card but it doesn't seem to make a difference and a little tape can fix it. Also make sure you clean your ram before you put on the heatsinks, it seems to help them stick.

Edited by karnavor