• Ultra
    • Walton Chaintech
    • Generic or Unknown
    • Other

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mushkin. Had one stick go bad years ago and they sent me a replacement before I'd even mailed out the broken one. Service. That was over 10 years ago and I've never had a problem with another stick of their RAM since.

Corsair XMS is in my main rig... I'm also running Corsair VS in my EeePC... G.Skill in my 2nd PC...

"What brand memory do you use?"

I guess, Corsair?

I'm not sure why I can only choose one brand... I tried to think of all the sticks of memory I've ever used, to come up with the brand I've used the most, but that's WAY too hard lol...

all I can remember off the top of my head:

Crucial 1

G.Skill 3

OCZ 2

Geil 1

Corsair 3

CSX 1

Patriot 2

Mushkin 1

I think Corsair probably ties with G.Skill for me, only because I've bought Corsair Value Select sticks for a PC and a laptop

I'd probably buy G.Skill for performance rigs, for the bang for buck, and reliability

I have Wintech in my main desktop (Walton Chaintech modules) but I generally buy whatever is cheapest with the speed rating I want (screw timings).

I have GeIL in my HTPC and something I don't even remember in my EeePC.

currently using kingston hyperx.

i waited too long for DDR2 prices to bottom out and got this just as prices started to rise again. had really good results with my previous geil ram, but i didn't manage to find a 4gb black dragon kit for the right price.

that said, i've had no problems with the kingston, even though it doesn't have a whole lot of OC headroom.

Mushkin had the best price when I bought mine (sig set), now the same set of memory costs a lot more. It is good memory though.

Laptop has generic dell memory and that is all of the memory I own.

Edited by xchrissypoox

G.Skill. They are all about performance for your dollar, which is great for the enthusiast who is not into flashy rigs.

I don't want to pay extra for gimmicky lights and RAM cooling that only get in the way of other components with no benefits :P. This isn't DDR1, we don't need to cook up crazy ram cooling like back in the day :P.