Are you happy with your Modern Warfare 2 PC version?

sack_patrol

However the features/technology a game uses does make a difference. It also can be a factor on whether people buy it or not. I mean if all you did on CoD 4 was play on specific servers that allowed certain weps or certain perks or certain gameplay styles then you look at MW2. They take away all of that customization. It makes a huge difference to that person. I mean if CS:S was never moddable I would probably never put in so many hours. I spent a majority of my hours on CS:S in Warcraft Server mods. The plain game gets old after awhile.

I only play on this one clan's servers on TF2. Without dedicated servers, I wouldn't get the community feel and I definitely would miss out on their fun plugins. CoD series on the other hand, I liked it, but I didn't play it to a point where I would only play on a specific server. So from my standpoint of CoD games, I can do without being able to join a specific server all the time. Since I usually just picked a random one anyways. So, that's how I live without dedicated servers on MW2.

Features can affect the gameplay, usability and content of the game, but on their own they're not much use (look at Saphire's Vapor-X 4890 - without the weird cooler it'd perform the same). You can't look at MW2 and complain that it doesn't have dedicated servers, that's not a proper complaint. You can however, as you've done, complained that since dedicated servers was scrapped there's occasional 10-second dropouts and less camaraderie (I agree with you that most FPS's don't have much camaraderie anyway - I only ever played CSS on the sole Irish server, and apart from good mods there wasn't much difference).

Now you can see how looking at the practical changes in MW2 will help you decide whether to buy it or not, but simply spamming forums with "NO DEDICATED SERVERS MW2 SUCKS" might start an idealogical war but ultimately won't inform anyone.

Edited by Union Of V

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't even played it! Claim its broke when you actually own the friggin game ya newb!

That would be stupid. I'm not giving my money for this piece of crap. Talking about the PC version of course.

QUOTE: The removal I was talking about was how they removed weapons that were in cod4. Who cares about perks and kill streaks? None of that is what a FPS should be about, it's supposed to be about the shooting, not perks and attachments, no one cares if you can mount a red dot sight on your grenade so you can more accurately randomly toss it, there should be a large amount of weapons to choose from. What good does it really do to not keep the weapons cod4? That's my point, that's the reason I hate modern warfare 2's multiplayer, it was only designed to appeal to cod fans, not gamers in general.

Ok I have went 120-35 with just an MP5 and a silencer. The other highest kill score was something around 60. CoD 4 was all out MP5 and P90 in regular. Hardcore, camping and the M4 and AK were the main options. This is from a TWL perspective for Hardcore.

If you learn the map and the glitches in MW2 you can own those high level players.

You know my whole clan pretty much said this game sucks before it came out. Now most of us play it and we enjoy it, we still have a few who are just like some people here who won't play it but still say it sucks. Or they play it once at a friends house and come in with the opinion of, THIS GAME SUCKS, so obviously the game will suck for you if you think like that from the beginning.

Anyone who hasn't played the game and complains about it, what are you doing here?

Ok fine you enjoy it. The game is still messed up and $60 for the stuff it has - not acceptable. If you don't want to see it then fine. It'd better for you cuz u won't be sorry for the money u spent on it. I god COD 4 for $40 and I enjoy it much more than I'd have enjoyed MW2. And another thing, Dedicated Servers ARE a big deal. They are the main reason(key word: main) that it fails so bad. Always talking about PC version.

Have fun lagging 10k rite, with ur 15 buddies. I'll jut got play some solid 20vs20 tdm in cod 4 ...but I'm sure thats not nearly as fun as your game.

You can't look at MW2 and complain that it doesn't have dedicated servers, that's not a proper complaint.

lol it obviously is dude. lol

Edited by ballist1x

There was no lag with 12 of us in 1 match. No lag with 18 of us in 1 match. It only affects the people with bad internet. Of course I lag everyone up if I am host but that is because I use wireless, so it just eventually kicks me and everything is good.

Key word, I'd have. You never played MW2, just went with the big crowd who says, No dedi's game sucks and cannot be good no matter how good it is. What if CS:S didn't have dedi servers, oh that would be the worst game of the year then. Get over servers, think of the gameplay itself and actually PLAY THE GAME.

Firstly, saying that "more people bought it and less are playing it so people hate it" is a strange assumption. More people bought it,yes, but which version? I'd say when a lot of people heard the complaints about the PC version they got the console version instead, so Xfire stats are bound to be screwed.

IW has stated more PC copies of MW2 have already sold than CoD4, yet more people are playing CoD4 even though its an older game.

There was no lag with 12 of us in 1 match. No lag with 18 of us in 1 match. It only affects the people with bad internet. Of course I lag everyone up if I am host but that is because I use wireless, so it just eventually kicks me and everything is good.

That's great, but that's also another thing I wanted to point out. By making this game appeal to the casual gamer, like you, IW has said . bullet registration, hoping that people won't notice it. That's the biggest problem with the lack of dedicated servers, IMO.

Edited by tkrow21

Agreed, it is very annoying when you yourself like just stop but the enemy keeps shooting and you do to but it takes like 3 seconds for your shots to register. That is really my only complaint, but it only happens once in a while.

Key word, I'd have. You never played MW2, just went with the big crowd who says, No dedi's game sucks and cannot be good no matter how good it is. What if CS:S didn't have dedi servers, oh that would be the worst game of the year then. Get over servers, think of the gameplay itself and actually PLAY THE GAME.

Sorry if u can't tell a bad game from a good game without playing it. If css had no dedicated servers it also would be bad. Do you know why? Of course not so lemme tell ya. BECAUSE THE WHOLE FREAKIN GAME IS ONLINE! And if the servers aren't maintained and supported along with the game, then it sucks. There is nothing to stop people from not playing it if it sucks. Thats for all games. Because you play Single Player 1 time, if you want your game to be good, make a good multi player which would be comfortable for everybody. Tell me, would dedicated servers suit you? Of course they would. Would they suit me? Yes. Now, would p2p crap suit u? I guess it would. Would it suit me? NO. So why not have dedicated server since it's comfrotable for everybody? I already played MW2 single player and it wasn't bad, not because of the cheezy story, but because of the gameplay (obviously). I'm not going to buy it, because it simply doesn't have $60 worth of a "good online experience".

I never went along with anybody. I use my own logic to see if a game is good or bad depending on all the factors. You on the other hand, care about fancy grafix and lots of useless perks and options. If nothing else, I'd say the infinity monkeys did a good job in getting all the noobs in the world's attention (and money).

Edited by ballist1x

People are still talking about MW2? :P

I haven't bought it for the reasons you'd expect and have no plans to. Kind of sad that it's a top seller on Steam without even being on sale, though. Oh well, it's their money.

IW has stated more PC copies of MW2 have already sold than CoD4, yet more people are playing CoD4 even though its an older game.

Yes, IW is saying that, but considering how bad shop sales have been I have reason to doubt them...

Sorry if u can't tell a bad game from a good game without playing it. If css had no dedicated servers it also would be bad. Do you know why? Of course not so lemme tell ya. BECAUSE THE WHOLE FREAKIN GAME IS ONLINE! And if the servers aren't maintained and supported along with the game, then it sucks.

OK, so you can tell if a game is good or not just by reading about it??? Dude, if you really could you'd be working for a games publisher scouting for new titles! Believe me, if someone explained the concept of say Audiosurf to me I'd look at them like they were on Mars, but it's easily become my favourite arcade game of all time.

And again, dedicated servers are bad. Why? You gave two reasons: the non-existent servers won't be maintained and the non-existent servers won't be supported in a P2P multiplayer setup.

Wow. You sure convinced me. <_<

However the features/technology a game uses does make a difference. It also can be a factor on whether people buy it or not. I mean if all you did on CoD 4 was play on specific servers that allowed certain weps or certain perks or certain gameplay styles then you look at MW2. They take away all of that customization. It makes a huge difference to that person.

Agree - like I said... if someone simply stated they don't like the MW2 formula, that is one thing and I can respect that. It is just like people who hate consoles ...ok, its not their thing, I can't agree with them but I can respect their decision. But its when people start making lame excuses for their decisions ...like the addition of perks and streaks instantly stop it from being a FPS <_<

If people don't like something they don't need to start throwing all these unfounded accusations and pathetic diatribes ...all they gotta say is its not their thing. And you're like that, you make no excuses - you either like it or you don't... I can respect that.

I don't think anyone here is saying they would turn down dedicated servers so the lack of them is definitely a disappointment. Looking on the silver lining side I've met some cool people playing on the P2P network that I friended and therefore play with quite reguarly.

Bullet registration isn't the only issue. There are other glitches that suck, and if I had done my research ahead of time and read about them I probably would have never played the game. But since I am playing the game and knowing what I know, it's a damn FUN game. Many games lack the Fun Factor but MW2 does not. I'll take it glitches and all.

The Care Package glitch, just is a great thing to yell you Fing noob and then knife him and laugh at him :lol:

But seriously, this game is fun and if you haven't played it then you wouldn't know. And stop calling everyone a noob, your not the amazing pro <_<

So basically if we don't spend $60 for a game with less features than any other standard FPS we don't know what we are talking about?

Dedicated servers are a huge part of PC games and not having them is like taking a step back from PC gaming and one onto console gaming.

I just installed the game and started the SP campaign. As usual it is action packed and sucks you in. Haven't tried the MP yet. I didn't buy the game it was a Christmas gift and I never planned on playing it. 59.99 is just rediculous for a non-CE game. I played the s*** out of COD4 so the knocks against the MP will have to be very noticeable.