Are you happy with your Modern Warfare 2 PC version?

sack_patrol

Single player was amazing, I'm playing through it again, actually. As for multiplayer, it's fun although there's not much in the means of competition. As for the downsides of multiplayer, there are times when it's very laggy.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What IW are trying to say is "Give it up. Get a friggin console." And if you ask me, that isn't fair at all =/

I think your highly mistaken. If IW wanted to send a message for PC gamers to get a console, they wouldn't release a PC version.

As for the PC boycotters who bought it on the console, on some other sites lawls :D

Single player was amazing, I'm playing through it again, actually. As for multiplayer, it's fun although there's not much in the means of competition. As for the downsides of multiplayer, there are times when it's very laggy.

I felt the single player was over the top. I liked CoD 4's SP, but MW2's SP was meh. So far I had good luck in getting into good games. Or maybe it's because I probably host all the games with my connection speed :P.

Edited by Krazyxazn

So far I had good luck in getting into good games. Or maybe it's because I probably host all the games with my connection speed :P.

Well, for the most part I don't have a problem (Speedtest.net just clocked me at 9.38Mb/s downstream) but every now and then I have a game hosted by some guy in Antartica

Pirates like you are part of the reason PC gamers are getting the shaft.

There would be no reason to pirate the game if instead of spending all the money on blaming piracy for all of their problems, they actually developed a decent game that wasn't a $60 piece of . that doesn't even count as a full game. If I am spending $60 on a game it damn well better be the best .ing game on the planet have a single player campaign that lasts more than 6 hours and has pc multiplayer not this console ported 8v8 crap. That my friend is why people pirate games, that and intrusive and shady DRM that limits the amount of times you can install the game on your own personal computer.

In my opinion the game is not worth $60 there are far better games available at the moment that cost half as much and are more pc user friendly, Infinity Ward gave the pc gaming community a big slap in the face with this game, the pc community is the reason that they even exists, and they should have a little more respect for their roots. /END RANT

Edited by slick2500

As for the console FPS haters, maybe they are just pissed they aren't what my friend calls "true" gamers who can't adapt to a new environment :D. He told me that when I told him I hated playing FPS on the 360 controller. So I told him to buy a PS3, which I excel with the PS3 controller for FPS games and he denied :P. I guess he's not a "true" gamer himself either :D

I know the feeling - I hadn't played a FPS on console since... GoldenEye days? A long freaking time at any rate.

Only bought MW2 because litterally every friend I knew that talked about getting the game pre-launch said they were getting it for the 360. It took awhile to get reaquainted with FPS on console but I'm completely addicted with the MP online play now. The game definitely has some faults but the addiction kicks them to the curb.

There would be no reason to pirate the game if instead of spending all the money on blaming piracy for all of their problems, they actually developed a decent game that wasn't a $60 piece of . that doesn't even count as a full game. If I am spending $60 on a game it damn well better be the best .ing game on the planet have a single player campaign that lasts more than 6 hours and has pc multiplayer not this console ported 8v8 crap. That my friend is why people pirate games, that and intrusive and shady DRM that limits the amount of times you can install the game on your own personal computer.

In my opinion the game is not worth $60 there are far better games available at the moment that cost half as much and are more pc user friendly, Infinity Ward gave the pc gaming community a big slap in the face with this game, the pc community is the reason that they even exists, and they should have a little more respect for their roots. /END RANT

I agree that it's not worth $60 but that just means I won't play it/buy it/whatever. It doesn't mean I'll download it then boast about downloading it. :)

Well, if I wanted to know whether a game was good or not, I'd compare the number of people who bought the game and are still playing it to the number who bought it but went back to CoD4. I'd be guessing that those CoD4 players like you took in all the negative feedback and didn't get the game, in which case I've no reason to listen to their opinions. Now on the other hand anyone who I've heard commenting on the game described it as two steps forward, one step back - it has its shortcomings, but ultimately the pros outweigh the cons.

Edited by Union Of V