Sign in to follow this  
sack_patrol

Are you happy with your Modern Warfare 2 PC version?

I have to agree. However, I do like a lot of the changes like the bling perk and the kill/death streak rewards.

Well yea it has its pros too. The game is good overall imo. If they would add the console, make it dedicated servers etc then it would be such a perfect FPS game.

Well wevsspot, I did play WAW last year and I wasn't very excited. I don't know why, it just didn't seem very interesting for me to play in the World War 2....or 1. Thats why I'm going for either COD4 or COD6. I watched vids of ppl playing both games on the PC and I really don't know. MW2 seems to have lots of new stuff that are cool, better grafix (as u know I don't mind grafix but if they're there...why not?) new guns...I've heard some cool upgrades like 2 thingys per gun instead of 1 (whatever that means). BUUT its more expensive, no dedicated. As you I am trying to justify the 60 dollars. Too bad I don't have anyone to borrow both games and play em for a couple of hours, then I'd be able to decide much easier. I'm too lazy to get my butt over at a gaming club and it's too expensive anyway.

I do play UT3, UT2k4, L4D and L4D2 (obviously XD) CSS...I've tried DODS but it's too slow. HL2DM. They are all different from COD and thats why I wanna get one of 2 MW's. I wanna try something new of this sort.

For me the most important is that it performs excellent-ly...(is that even a word). I was a little worried about what PingoPongo said about MW2 having a lot of flaws. I'm not sure what they are but I don't want them disbalancing the game and making my score a matter of luck.

I hear you man......

Well - whoever ends up getting it first lets agree to give feedback to the other :)

Awesome. I'll probably have decided by today and hopefully gone and bought 1 tomorrow. Though if it's COD4 I'd have to get it from steam cuz they don't sell physical copies anywhere around here. :smack:

As a cod fan, even I have started to not like the multiplayer. A third of the game I play have lags, and I live in a populated area. The first week I was able to play co-op with my friend, now, it doesn't connect. Every twentieth game I play there is a aimbot, or a hack of some sorts. This comes from a person who has played it 3 days 16 hours. I liked the single player, and the co-op when it was playable, but cod4 is the definite choice. Funny how just a simple mistake can ruin the game... Dedicated servers would fix all these problems except the co-op play.

OK FORGET THIS PIECE OF ****!!!

READ AND FACEPALM LIKE NEVER BEFORE: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/11...you-thought.ars

I can't believe I actually had any hopes for this game working out. I knew it'd be a disaster right when I heard for the first time "no dedicated servers". What a bunch of idiots. I swear. Are they really that dumb to SEE how their sales would rocket into the sky if they simply made the dedicated servers and the console????? Unless they have some kind of issues with the PC. I hope that somebody comes up with a hacked version of the game with servers and consol and 90 FOV. This truly could have been the closest thing to The Perfect FPS Game! Now it's rubbish.

EDIT: Well it seems that the game has already been hacked and I'm going to test this out right now.

One does not simply "take away from the PC gamer" (march into mordAr). Take something away, and we'll get it our selves. Because we can.

drawing2.png

nbfl-tower.jpg

Edited by ballist1x

Once again another person circumed to another's beliefs without even playing the game for themselves and already denouncing it.

I would get MW2 if it was between that and CoD 4. MW2 has more balanced perks and newer weaponry. Plus interesting titles, emblems, icons, and accolades. Which adds to the gaming experience.

Just buy COD4 look at xfire it logs almost as many hours as Wow per day so you shouldn't fear it being an empty game. Plus read my sig.

Once again another person circumed to another's beliefs without even playing the game for themselves and already denouncing it.

I would get MW2 if it was between that and CoD 4. MW2 has more balanced perks and newer weaponry. Plus interesting titles, emblems, icons, and accolades. Which adds to the gaming experience.

what good are all those new stuffs if you can't enjoy them because of all the fail that will happen when playing it. Did you even read the article?

Infinity Ward doesn't deserve my money. I on the other hand get to play 1/2 of their game for free. *evil*

EDIT: More to read: http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/in_the_news...204/20159223/p1 Fun Fun Fun >:)

Well basically if you search for things like "MW2 Hacked" or something of the sort, lots of articles talk about how PC is pwning IW along with infinity ward and is making their own successful I think attempts to bring DedServers to the PC version.

Edited by ballist1x

If you actually are a real pirate. You would know that none of the groups are anywhere near to releasing anything. The developer console was disabled from modders a couple of patches ago when they announced it. There are no private dedicated servers. Those videos on YouTube are actually of 360/PS3 using a glitch that let them get infinite ammo and super jump. IW combined with Steam means everything will just require a simple patch and your out of luck.

All you can do is play with other modders on their very slow connection and old versions, since you can only play P2P with people in your region. Mostly in games way over 100 ping (unplayable; not to mention the long 10+ minutes of waiting to connect to other modders in your region), while you can actually buy the game and play on the updated servers at 40-70 ping games.

As for the console FPS haters, maybe they are just pissed they aren't what my friend calls "true" gamers who can't adapt to a new environment :D. He told me that when I told him I hated playing FPS on the 360 controller. So I told him to buy a PS3, which I excel with the PS3 controller for FPS games and he denied :P. I guess he's not a "true" gamer himself either :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

If you actually are a real pirate. You would know that none of the groups are anywhere near to releasing anything. The developer console was disabled from modders a couple of patches ago when they announced it. There are no private dedicated servers. Those videos on YouTube are actually of 360/PS3 using a glitch that let them get infinite ammo and super jump. IW combined with Steam means everything will just require a simple patch and your out of luck.

All you can do is play with other modders on their very slow connection and old versions, since you can only play P2P with people in your region. Mostly in games way over 100 ping (unplayable; not to mention the long 10+ minutes of waiting to connect to other modders in your region), while you can actually buy the game and play on the updated servers at 40-70 ping games.

As for the console FPS haters, maybe they are just pissed they aren't what my friend calls "true" gamers who can't adapt to a new environment :D. He told me that when I told him I hated playing FPS on the 360 controller. So I told him to buy a PS3, which I excel with the PS3 controller for FPS games and he denied :P. I guess he's not a "true" gamer himself either :D

yes it seems they really aren't close YET! They'll get it though.

You said something about buying the game and playing on the servers...? What are you talking about? I don't see any servers. OOOH you must mean that p2p pathetic server emulation..I seee now.

Edited by ballist1x

what good are all those new stuffs if you can't enjoy them because of all the fail that will happen when playing it. Did you even read the article?

Why would you rely on anyone but yourself to judge the game? I thought you were the supreme resource for all gaming knowledge with the final say on whether a game was good or bad? :rolleyes:

Infinity Ward doesn't deserve my money. I on the other hand get to play 1/2 of their game for free. *evil*

Pirates like you are part of the reason PC gamers are getting the shaft.