Torchlight

Andrewr05

I've been playing this game for like 5 hours straight.

If you like single player action-rpg games then you absolutely must get this game.

Its $20 on Steam (often is ~$10 on sale too).

I was apprehensive about getting this because I though the graphics were a bit too "cartoony" but its been completely awesome so far.

GET IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT!

Useful links:

RUNIC GAMES WIKI PAGE (has a lot of useful info)

OFFICIAL STEAM TORCHLIGHT FORUM (A LOT of information here as well)

Useful info:

Transmute recipes:

3 Pieces of jewelry, green, rare or unique = A new green, rare or unique

4 Blue items = Dull Gem (These are what are specified in the games files, however it seems to be very random)

4 Uniques = Base gem (See above)

4 Greens = Cracked gem (See above)

4 Gems = Double gem upgrade

2 Gems = Single gem upgrade.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm kind of tempted to say something like diablo 2 > torchlight...it's a total noob bla bla bla hardcore is way better, buuut I think I'll let it be and say something nice instead. So um.. have fun with torchlight I guess...as I know it's your type of rpg. Too bad it doesn't have at least multiplayer, it probably would have boosted sales, but then again it's only 20 bucks.

Edited by ballist1x

I got it when it was $5 and played for two hours. It's been fun. It's more like Fate than D2 (which makes sense since the lead developer worked on Fate).

I too don't care about the lack of multiplayer. Although I played on B.Net 90% of the time in D2, aside from boss/cow runs or trading, I always played solo. And with Titan Quest, which is arguably better than D2 in several aspects, I only played solo despite its multiplayer support.

BTW, I've added Torchlight to the OCC Xfire Clan games list since it seems a ton of people picked it up during the Steam Holiday Sale, so be sure to join the clan if you haven't already and of course have Xfire launched when you play Torchlight :)