Torchlight

Andrewr05

comparing titan quest to torchlight, what would you say has more features?

I still havnt finished titan quest and havnt played it in a while so i kind of don't want to buy torchlight only to stop playing...

or maybe i should just stick to first person shooters :lol:

TQ has the best class/skill system of any Action-RPG, as well as the best graphics.

Torchlight is more of a fast-paced Action-RPG. Haven't played TQ in awhile, so stating differences is a little hard. Every class in torchlight has a pet dog or cat which you can transform into other beasts, and it has fishing. And from what I recall, items in Torchlight can have a lot more attributes/effects than TQ items.

PS. I had my first disenchantment :(. It was a fairly nice amulet, +health, magic find, + dmg, + resists. grrrr. At least it wasn't a unique or set item :/

Oh, and I found a fish that permaboosts an attribute!

e623ddba0847a6c09d18b566a30a956d371c2033.png

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am playing on Hard.

EDIT: The reason I use that unique rifle is the experience gain bonus. I only use it when enemies are lower level than I. I have dual-pistols for when it really matters.

fbb6e62a2690bf6c499c31b30cd2edb1ac7da6e6.png

Be sure to say YES, if your game crashes and Steam Clouds asks if you want to overwrite the old data with the new. I wasn't paying attention and clicked NO and lost 5-7 levels worth :(.

Got the game running up on the laptop, so far it's running fairly good. I lowered everything and put it on the netbook mode. Not as smooth as the PC, but smooth enough to play even when there are a lot of mobs running at you. Max out both cores pretty close to 99% each. Probably not something I want to play while on battery haha. I'll keep messing around with the settings.

Right now I'm above level for the questline, but when I do those dungeon scrolls phew man. I have to use summon skeleton warrior, summon zombies, two sentry gun traps to setup on every new section :) . If I didn't they would just swarm me.

Aha another thing I just noticed is that I think rifles have a longer range than pistols.

(sounds obvious doesn't it)

I noticed that too. I've got a pretty nice rifle that i've been using lately. I picked it up with another character that is a higher level. I was dual wielding until I got a high enough level to use the rifle.

Aha another thing I just noticed is that I think rifles have a longer range than pistols.

(sounds obvious doesn't it)

Good point. I have an item that actually adds to missile range, so that's definitely a "hidden" stat. I'll see if I can test out that theory by watching the animation.

BTW, here's a list of "recommended" mods (not by me), for whoever's interested: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=1095390

As I mentioned, I usually don't like installing mods on my first playthrough, however since the first mod is an official one by Runic Games, I'll probably install that. I'm also debating installing the "SkillsLeech" mod, since it's annoying that my leeching stats don't affect my skills. "Enchant Never Wipe" is also intriguing since I got a disenchantment the other day that pissed me off, but that mod just seems like cheating. lol

BTW, here's a list of "recommended" mods (not by me), for whoever's interested: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=1095390

Thanks. Installed all of them, but the smaller text. I'm not as much of a purist player. If I see a mod that will make the game even more enjoyable, I'll install it.

Edited by Krazyxazn