Check my system - whats wrong?

nugga

Okay thanks.

About the thermal compound i think my layer is a bit too thin.

The layer is so thin that there are hardly any Compound somwere at the CPU.

Well i bought my I7 because i've been told, that it is the best CPU at the market to a decent price. Now my friend bought an AMD phenom 965, and his CPU is just as fast as mine.

Is this because his processor is running at a higher clock frequenzy? The wierd thing is that his CPU is not even getting warmer than mine, and we are using the same cooler.

So are my I7 really faster than his AMD Phenom 965 X4?

Edited by nugga

did you take the plastic seal off the bottom of the heatsink that touches the CPU before applying thermal paste?

your temperatures at load might be fine though. i dont have an i7 myself.

Edited by potatochobit

Well i bought my I7 because i've been told, that it is the best CPU at the market to a decent price. Now my friend bought an AMD phenom 965, and his CPU is just as fast as mine.

The AMD and Intel offerings both have their own unique strong points. Frankly IMHO both of them are excellent processors. I put together my latest rig using the i7 920 because I've had a string of good luck with the Intel stuff lately and I found a DO stepping.

You can compare benchmarks between those two processors until you're blue in the face - but in the real world you aren't going to notice a hill of beans difference.