Sign in to follow this  
Boinker

HAF 932 Rolling Worklog (56k Beware)

Well here is That case I have been talking about. Its got wheels on it, and a water cooling system to looks good. (Yes you can removed the loop from the p/c without disassembly) and it Glows Bright and pretty blue.

New editions to the case may happen in the near future but I really do not want to try my luck that bad. Everyone please enjoy. Note: there are so many pictures of this case and the modes done that I am tempted to open

up my Photo-bucket folder on it. but for now I included the important ones.

Here it is in original form factor and with all the Factory goodies.

DSCF0780.jpg

The real things I did not like about the case at that current time was the simple fact that it did not have wheels that would not break on carpet. so I bought some heavy duty ones and got to work.

As Always started by removing everything from the case. and start the distruction. After that I drilled out the Factory holes for the original feet to a larger diameter to house the new wheels. don't have many pics of the distruction but here they are without the wheels screwed down.

IMG_0440.jpg

After that I cut the bolts down to size so they would fit underneather the hard drive cages and the power supply stand. Had to do a little modding to both sides but it was all easy pickens

DSCF1251.jpg

DSCF1249.jpg

After that Here is how it looked with the brakes on. if not it would roll smooth off the desk.

IMG_0442.jpg

Well now that the Modding for the wheels was done I started researching for the watercooling set-up. Turns out Swiftech is a widely renouned company and its also one of the for-runners I have heard.

So I chose mostly swiftech equipment that I could get a hold of. I used there quiet power tri 120 radiator to cool and the MCP655 Pump was the choise given it was the largest pump from them availible.

Here is a picture of the rad installed and in use and you can see the waterblock on the proc. the tubing I used was UV blue 3/4 OD 1/2 ID. and the last outfit was the XSPC 5-1/4 dual bay res.

DSCF1295.jpg

DSCF1294.jpg

You can see the reason I chose the enzotech waterblock here. I like the set-up they put into place for the use of an actual backing plate a few pictures down.

And looking at it from the complete assembly point of veiw after a long bleed and test run it ran great.

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF1296.jpg

Nothing special about the way its set-up or looks from exterior but the functionality is there.

Thats it for the Water cooling revision one. Revision two was basicly a rethink on all that I did and a redo just simply due to disign flaws in my opinion. I wanter my Hard drive cage Back and Plus I wanted the possibility of removing the set-up from the computer without draining the loop. The movement of the pump, addition of new tubing and the replacement of the Res made it possible. But the main dying reason that the set-up was broken into and changed around was do to an ecosystem of algae showing its ugly face in the res after about a week of good operation followed by an increase in temps slightly afterward. (water block internal fins were stuffed in algae). To Rectify the issue I started by taking Wevsspots advise. So inserted about 2 1/2 table spoons into the loop to break-up the algae for about 2 hours of runtime without any components in the case other then the water system. Afterwards I took everything apart I could and cleaned it with vinigar and/or alchole (things not rubber) the as advised I rinsed the crap out of it. Heres what it looks like while its done.

DSCF0014.jpg

Here is how I rinsed the heck out of the rad. :) Afterward it was cleaned in the same manner with boiling distilled water.

DSCF0018.jpg

Shortly after that disaster struck and I realized I cracked the res while cleaning it. Note: acrylic does not react well to extream temp change.

So the case found its new use for the time being as very good ottoman for in front of the TV.

DSCF0024.jpg

When the new res got here I went too assembling. Here is the pump original location and relocation.

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

The res really didn't change location much but I wanted it to be low and visable on my desk.

And with the CCLD Lights in the top of the case it tends to shine well.

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

No it actually does not touch the Power supply, But it sure comes close.

DSCF0044.jpg

And in the end.... With too many Darn picture's. Here is the finished product, and at its Final resting place at the Desk below the Dragon.

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

Well For once I am very Happy with it. will add pictures to this log as I go when I get more parts for it and add the UV lighting. Hope everyone enjoyed this tripple Working log. Technically it is just due to time the modes were performed staggered over a couple of months. All in all I like it alot and it make a good desk ornament that is functional. Enjoy.

Boinker.

Question, comments, concerns and suggestiongs please post. :typing:

Hope this helps you dicide where to put your stuff insan3 and KuriousOne.

Edited by boinker

i like this tubing better than the dark blue you have and it looks good to boink boink how did you pull that off with me not there to harass you while you were doin it hehe :P

I have to agree that the new tubing colours are alot better than the dark blue ones, but just out of curiousity, doesn't the HAF 932 already come with the rollers? I don't use the rollers because mine are on a retractable panel.

EDIT: my bad u wanted bigger wheels that didnt break on the carpet, didn't see that part, ignore my post.

Edited by KuriousOne

Man I love CM cases. When I got my first Stacker and took that computer back to my dorm, as soon as it was in the building I put it down and rode it to my room. It must have weighed almost 60 pounds.

Almost 60? Lucky. My Obsidian weighs 66.6 pounds. :P

Nice looking HAF. I was going to get it before I decided on this case. In retrospect, oh the money I could have saved.

where did u get the fan controller for the rad fans ?? i am defently putting my pump in the same place. i have some dark red tubing for now ill change it later.

Edited by insan3

I think I wanna migrate, Singapore doesn't import the the shizzles I need. Been running around the IT malls for years now and they have yet to sell anything related to WC setups. Much Disappointment.

Oh wait they do, nozzles and tighteners for plumbing, and pumps for Fish Tanks. thats about it ;(

Well Imma start ordering parts base on boinkers setup, gotta get WBs for 1366 and rampage II N/S bridge.

Btw, what radiator are u using?

My WC parts are:

CB: Apogee GTZ'

WP: MCP655

Res: Micro Rev2

Rad: MCR320-QP

all by swiftech.

The fan controller is by Scyth, its the Kaze controller varient with blue rather then black lights. It also has a temp sensor that I am not makeing use of just for the fact I dont wanna.

The fan controller is by Scyth, its the Kaze controller varient with blue rather then black lights. It also has a temp sensor that I am not makeing use of just for the fact I dont wanna.

just bought it along with some 1/4 g fittings for my rad.

Stability testing at 3.8ghz. It becomes a PITA at this point to overclock further.

Inside temperature. about 68-70f, temp of cpu 45-48c temperature of mainboard 31c Still chilly at 1.50volts Vcore

But sipite my attempts.... No cigar. lol

Edited by boinker