what would a good brand be for memory?

underclocked

ok so i am returning my kingston bs memory and i am getting a different brand can i have some suggestions as to a good brand. im either gonna get 1066MHz or 1200MHz. also my mobo is capable of ddr3 i dont know if my processor can though. AMD 9600 quad-core 2.3 black edition. my mobo is also am3+ ready. any info would be nice =)

I belive the old am2+ chips are not compatable with DDR3 but I could be wrong. they had limitations with the old am2 chips only being able to run ddr2 800 so It would not supprise me. all else fails I would call gigabyte.

some really good brands are:

ocz

corsair

gskill

been using ocz personally and highly recommend the brand but many around here seem to really like gskill and would probably purchase it in an instant if needed...

can't think of anything wrong with corsair either though.

would go with that corsair dominator out of those picks above, stuff should be beast especially if you wanna overclock ram or need to overclock it...

plus the cooler is a nice addition but it doesn't seem to be very popular at newegg according to the reviews at the moment.

probably would get either these or these if choosing for personal use.

Edited by maj0rgamer

some really good brands are:

ocz

corsair

gskill

been using ocz personally and highly recommend the brand but many around here seem to really like gskill and would probably purchase it in an instant if needed...

can't think of anything wrong with corsair either though.

would go with that corsair dominator out of those picks above, stuff should be beast especially if you wanna overclock ram or need to overclock it...

plus the cooler is a nice addition but it doesn't seem to be very popular at newegg according to the reviews at the moment.

probably would get either these or these if choosing for personal use.

lol prob. not popular cause its 200 bucks for 4 gb. =) u gotta be a balla to get it. i have been reading about that cosair dominator-gt. its supposed to be able ta be oc'd 50% anybody no if thats true...