The noob effect.

sack_patrol

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh I see, so you want all games that have no story but are stupid bunny hopping and spraying like CS:S/CS 1.6? Damn good job, I love how you only care about competition and have no clue what fun is.

Seriously you will find almost no one here who is a competition W H O R E like you are. Most people buy games to have fun, I personally find the story of MW2 was awesome and very enjoyable, the multiplayer is just bonus and will NEVER EVER be better than the SP for me. Only games like CS would be stupid and so lame. Single player you can actually have FUN not always thinking Oh crap my K/D is only 2.49. Are you seriously intelligent? This is a serious question because you seem to not like games where you have to actually read and think about what to do next, you only like games that are straight forward like CS.(Bunny hop, shoot, quickly switch weapons)

No there's nothing wrong with it.

I just can't think of a paragraph response to it. :P

It seems quite a few did. :)

Ahh I see, so you want all games that have no story but are stupid bunny hopping and spraying like CS:S/CS 1.6? Damn good job, I love how you only care about competition and have no clue what fun is.

Seriously you will find almost no one here who is a competition W H O R E like you are. Most people buy games to have fun, I personally find the story of MW2 was awesome and very enjoyable, the multiplayer is just bonus and will NEVER EVER be better than the SP for me. Only games like CS would be stupid and so lame. Single player you can actually have FUN not always thinking Oh crap my K/D is only 2.49. Are you seriously intelligent? This is a serious question because you seem to not like games where you have to actually read and think about what to do next, you only like games that are straight forward like CS.(Bunny hop, shoot, quickly switch weapons)

Whats with u and css? It's one of the greatest games for pwning noobs. It's only an fps...tactics are slightly involved but what the hell do u want. I don't play only fps. I play RPG RTS...a lot of everything in other words. I suck at rts though....I haven't gotten to spend much time with it though I like a good rts game.

There is more than bhopping in css. I barely bhop and don't need it to be good. And as other humans I too know what FUN means ok. Thats why I play Fallout...Half Life 2 which I've beat along with it's episodes more than 10 times each. I just feel that there is only so much u can do in SP. I won't get better or anything. In Multi there will always be this guy that will be better than me and I will want to play to beat him. Competition and aiming for the top is also quite natural for a human. I guess you haven't understood what gaming is about at all.

P.S. What do "women who u pay to have . with" have to do with competition anyways?

YES we do, why would we not want that? You can have a deep plot and a challenging game

No, we don't. There could be a story but...it shouldn't take over the actual game. Thats why games are games and movies are movies and books are pieces of paper with stuff... well books ..whatever.

Edited by ballist1x

I'm not sure what that is but I'm guessing it has something to do with the bad language in the vid... Should I put this warning if posting any vids with bad language?

Yes, remember some people may be at work, or have kids around when they watch these videos ;)

Hang on a moment, what if different games aim for different audiences? :O

Well it's still a game. If you buy a game you obviously know it's a game and expect to interact with it's universe. The vid clearly states how things work. In the end it all comes down to the "game" part of the game. If I want story I'd read a book. If I wanna play and interact with things in a game then a game is what I want. Lengthy sequences of cut scenes isn't playing a game. The worst is when u can't skip em when u aren't interested.

Yes, remember some people may be at work, or have kids around when they watch these videos ;)

OK thx, I'll be sure to add this next time.

You do know what Competition "whore" is right? Its someone who goes crazy about competition.(You often add the whore at the end to show that they are crazy about it).

You keep saying that stories are stupid if there is too much to read, and you said before you laugh at people who play games to have fun. Are you switching your thoughts on these things every few days or something?

well i play to have a story and try to be the best, you play to be the best also, but riddle me this doesn't that get ****in' boring after a while? i mean there's only so many modes you can play, or do you like being repetitive? *hint* it shows in your posts

You do know what Competition "whore" is right? Its someone who goes crazy about competition.(You often add the whore at the end to show that they are crazy about it).

You keep saying that stories are stupid if there is too much to read, and you said before you laugh at people who play games to have fun. Are you switching your thoughts on these things every few days or something?

Dude ur totaly misunderstanding. I like GOOD stories that most games don't get right, unlike other games that do. I never said I hate story and never want story in my games...then I wouldn't be playing fallout which is a great deal about the story...or half life 2. I just don't play for fun as much as I do to compete. Of course multi player doesn't have a story...so thats different. To put simply: Competition is my "fun". Games are supposed to make u feel good.

I'm also not "laughing" at anyone, I don't care about that guy that sux...it's his life...he should deal with it, he may not even be into gaming for all I know. People that are noobs and think are superior when they are obviously not - that are the fools that get laughed at though it's not obvious as there are way too many and it seems like it's the other way around. I'm not pro at PC's...u dun see me going around dissing everyone and saying stuff like "nerd" or "my oc is so much better - when clearly it isn't". I look up to them and recognize them as my superiors in I.T. and challenge myself to be as good as them or better. Thats what makes u pro. Sitting in ur little corner and not advancing urself forward, but only insulting others when u are actually envious of what u lack and want to reassure urself you have so that u can be "secure" and not feel bad about insulting the people that are better...is being a noob.

well i play to have a story and try to be the best, you play to be the best also, but riddle me this doesn't that get ****in' boring after a while? i mean there's only so many modes you can play, or do you like being repetitive? *hint* it shows in your posts

It does get borring so thats why I stop after playing for a while, and come back later. When there are pros then not as much as u force yourself to beat them. I also don't like repetitiveness but in multi player most games are so what it all comes down to is being at the top...figuring out how to get there is your challenge. It's hard to explain things like these.

Not sure why everyone cares so much about my gaming...I just posted a video about pro gaming, sharing my thoughs...or I share it's/his thoughts as I've developed this way of thinking after the creator of the video did.

EDIT: @sdy284: um..I noticed ur little sig thingy with the best gamer for 2007. Do u guys do some kind of gaming contests at certain times? I also see OCC has some servers...though I haven't actually been able to find info about it and may check the css server out...maybe shed some light?

Edited by ballist1x

Wait, so what you are saying is that games should not have cut scenes for their story or else it is a bad game? That's what I'm getting out of what you are saying about stories in games, and if that is so then I am terribly confused because as I recall, you play Diablo 2, which has cut scenes.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I am confused as to how someone can hate a game because of the way it displays a story.

like cs:s personally more than pretty much any game ever, but also like gears of war very much no matter what anyone says and enjoy a good story to get into...

who hasn't fantasized about saving the world at one point or another and cs:s just doesn't have that element as it's super competitive and that's alot of fun too at times.

not trying to open a can of worms or anything or add any rebuttals, just wanna point out a personal like for both a super immersive story as well as a strictly competitive game.

also like cut scenes very much if they make sense, say in a game like zelda twilight princess...

however the first legend of zelda is probably a much better game to many of us in it's own right even though it was about as plain a story as it gets.

games should be fun though...

and if it ain't fun don't play it.

to each their own ;)

Edited by maj0rgamer

@Deathmineral: No, bad story with bat cut scenes which on top of being bad, u can't skip is the worst. They shouldn't drag on and on and on and also shouldn't be too short and be there only for the developer to be able to say "we got cut scenes". All of Blizzards games have cut scenes and I gotta say that they have THE BEST cut scenes. In War3 maybe a bit longer than the onces in Diablo 2 but very awesome and I enjoy watching them all for fun. Favorite one is Return of the Arthas...at the end of the human camp in war3. Also those are called cinematics and not cut scenes. Though I do enjoy them in D2 but after u watch em once...the game even gives u the option to not install them on the HDD as I have...I've only got the "Multi-Player Install" which is the single/muti player segment of the game without anything else. So as long as everything works well together it's ok to have story and cut scenes. It's just that most games don't get it right.

@maj0rgamer: But see there aren't games anymore that get the game play perfect + the story + all that other stuff. Super Mario Bros didn't have cut scenes but game play was awesome as well as the little story it told. A kid from todays generation will probably say that the game sux cuz it doesn't look like freakin crysis. Once again referring to the vid: it explains exactly how a good game should be. He is leaning more towards the multi player though it's pretty much the same for single player. Put ur stories and ur cut scenes and whatnots in ur game, but be warned that if it fails to deliver as a game...it will in fact suck as a game. Game PLAY always comes first.

Speaking of good games...I think Imma bust out my orange box and pwn some half life 2. I could probably go through it with my eyes closed. :lol:

Edited by ballist1x