damian

Steam Holiday Sales

Unfortunately all I need is Portal. :(

Just remember: The cake is a lie.

Bought Defense Grid. Fun and cheap, I like it that way. I'm going to have to do more shopping when I get home from work since I saw the posting about Burnout Paradise being on sale.

Glad I convinced quite a few into buying defense grid!

I first tried out the demo (probably about the time that it was put onto steam) and I was hooked. Even at the $20 original price, it was well worth the money!

You can choose to play the game casually, or, if you're up to a challenge, work on your optimization skills for tower placement, best times to build. Unfortunately, there are those who cheat at the game and skew the top scores, however, those are blatantly obvious and a couple orders of magnitude off. Every once and a while somebody will complain to the developer and they'll go edit (manually, I presume) out all the ridiculous scores. I haven't been able to find the scoreboard online, only through the game.

Just bought clear sky for $5 and the whole halflife 1 anthology for like $11 (since I never played Blue Shift or Opposing Force). I was going to get a few air plane games for my dad but I wasn't sure if some were good

Just grabbed Civ 4 Complete and the Max Payne Bundle.

Damage so far:

Audiosurf

Bioshock

Defense Grid

GTA 4

Max Payne 1&2

Civ 4 + 3 expansions

Stalker: SoC

Torchlight

All for less than I paid for L4D when it first came out.

Just remember: The cake is a lie.
Read my sig :D

Just grabbed Civ 4 Complete and the Max Payne Bundle.

I never played the Max Payne games, but unfortunately it says 2000/XP only. Do you have Vista? Does it work?

Glad I convinced quite a few into buying defense grid!

I first tried out the demo (probably about the time that it was put onto steam) and I was hooked. Even at the $20 original price, it was well worth the money!

You can choose to play the game casually, or, if you're up to a challenge, work on your optimization skills for tower placement, best times to build. Unfortunately, there are those who cheat at the game and skew the top scores, however, those are blatantly obvious and a couple orders of magnitude off. Every once and a while somebody will complain to the developer and they'll go edit (manually, I presume) out all the ridiculous scores. I haven't been able to find the scoreboard online, only through the game.

I just loved building all sorts of kill zones and then sit back and watch all the fun. It might take a couple of restarts but then I'd finally get it right.

Edited by tjmagneto

I never played the Max Payne games, but unfortunately it says 2000/XP only. Do you have Vista? Does it work?

Oh man! you're missing out! Such a great game (the second one was "okay" but if you like the first one, more story line doesn't hurt)

Edited by damian

Oh man! you're missing out! Such a great game (the second one was "okay" but if you like the first one, more story line doesn't hurt)
Absolutely! +1 whs.png:withstupid:

The graphics are dated at this point but Max Payne is an awesome game!

I was going to buy Max Payne 1 and 2 till ClayMeow pointed out the 2000/XP only requirement for the OS. There goes that idea lol. I bought my girlfriend Left 4 Dead today, she's been wanting that game for ages and hey, why not. Now I may have to get it so we can play the game together lol. I'm mighty tempted by Civ IV Complete, but I want to wait and see if The Witcher goes on sale at an even lower price. :P

The only game I'm waiting to go on sale is Mass Effect. 75% off would be nice, but I'll accept 50% off too :D

I was going to buy Max Payne 1 and 2 till ClayMeow pointed out the 2000/XP only requirement for the OS. There goes that idea lol. I bought my girlfriend Left 4 Dead today, she's been wanting that game for ages and hey, why not. Now I may have to get it so we can play the game together lol. I'm mighty tempted by Civ IV Complete, but I want to wait and see if The Witcher goes on sale at an even lower price. :P

I asked in the Steam forums and got confirmation that both games work in Vista and Win7 and 64-bit! The only thing that may be needed is the soundfix:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=848215

For a mere $3.74, I bought the Max Payne Bundle.

I asked in the Steam forums and got confirmation that both games work in Vista and Win7 and 64-bit! The only thing that may be needed is the soundfix:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=848215

For a mere $3.74, I bought the Max Payne Bundle.

I didn't see the 2000/XP only, but I did see the sound fix. I'm not too worried about it anyway. I dual boot with XP on my desktop if necessary.