Sign in to follow this  
Rokkaholik

EMTs Suspended After Refusing to Help Dying Woman

While walking away from someone in need is despicable, there's more that we're not hearing. What level were they? If they were just EMT-Bs, there wouldn't have been much at all that they could have done. Hell, without equipment with you, you can't do much beyond the scope of CPR and treatment for shock. While they definitely shouldn't have walked away, don't be so quick to assume that they would have made a huge difference. Especially if it was placenta previa or placenta abruptio, which in my limited knowledge is most likely what happened.

What the ****? Has society really come to this? "Oh man i want breakfast, I'm hungry, oh hey you, pregnant lady stfu we're eating here!"

Sigh...

While walking away from someone in need is despicable, there's more that we're not hearing. What level were they? If they were just EMT-Bs, there wouldn't have been much at all that they could have done. Hell, without equipment with you, you can't do much beyond the scope of CPR and treatment for shock. While they definitely shouldn't have walked away, don't be so quick to assume that they would have made a huge difference. Especially if it was placenta previa or placenta abruptio, which in my limited knowledge is most likely what happened.

I hope you're right, if not they just pissed away alot of schooling.