Sign in to follow this  
panjang110

GT200 NVIO Chip

hi everyone,

I have an old Xigmatek Battle Axe vga cooler that has been lying around unused since I give my 8800GTX to my niece so I decided to do some mod to mount it in my GTX260. after a few days of research and some metal work I manage to build a new mounting clips for the mounting screw and it fits :thumbs-up:

But there is some question

1. Is the NVIO chip really need a proper cooling or can I just use the one that come with my Battle Axe?( it's already on the card, also with some modded bracing with thermal pad for heat transfer)

2. Can anyone tell me what is this 'Nvidia Input/Output' thing is and how much heat it produce?

FYI right now my GTX260 load temp is around 63C on Furmark stability test with extreme burning mode on and idling at 42C and I'm very happy with it ;)

Edited by panjang110

I'm not sure how hot the nvio chip can be, but every 3rd party cooling solution I've seen provides a large enough contact plate to cover that chip, or they use a separate heatsink. Also they cool the power circuitry also with some sort of heatsink. So there's more points to worry about there.

the supplied nvio heatsink is originally made for 8800GTX so i assume it is ok if the GTX260 have the same nvio chip, or not :O

Edited by panjang110