AM3+ Cooler ?!

yiso

Hello OcC's ,

Am planning in the next few days to buy a heatsink for my AMD 955 , And currently still reading couple of reviews and had settle myself for those two:

Scythe Megun2 - Very powerful , Modern , heavy , cheap

OCZ Vendetta 2 - Powerful as well , Some how old , Lighter , cheap as well

Which one to go for ? Am planning to OC to 3.8 or 4.0 mix.

Should I consider others? Still don't want to go for something that expensive because am replacing some of my stock fans and the VGA Cooler as well to finish up with my Uprade trip :)

Regards,,,

There is always the thermalright true. that usually gets the heat down on just about anything. But I should caution if your going to go all the way to 4.00 then I may advise you into a water cooling solution. only reason I say is I just recently put mine into place and i have never been happier with the temps my phenom 940 is at. just a concideration.

There is Sunbeam CCTF if you are looking at cheap yet awesome stuff.. otherwise TRUE120 is good..

I'm looking to get a Hyper 212+ myself as the above two are not available near my place..

i have a vendetta 2 on my q6600. at full speed (1400rm) the stock fan isn't that loud and i have my antec 1200 case close to my head. if you have a fan speed controller and set it at half the thing is silent. at full speed its barely audible compared to the fan on my gtx260 at 60%. cools pretty well too

Hello,

I wish I can get the Ture120+ but it will become too expensive for the budget I put for the CPU cooler .. Am living in Dubai and We don't have much people selling those stuff , So I will be going to buy it from performance-pcs.com Which will charge a high rate of shipping to my destination.

Any one knows something closer , so for the shipping to be less ?

Regards,,,

How about some local stores?

Well , I have only one selling ZALMAN stuff ... I dont trust Zalman for high performance for the price , I can get the Megun2+Shipping with a lower price then the CNPS9700 and for the performance Megun2 wins for sure!

Regards,,,