d3bruts1d

Saw it over the weekend in IMAX 3D. Though I missed the last 10 min or so because the IMAX projectors crapped out. I can guess what happened in the end.

Visually it is a stunning film. It kind of Kind of like Dances with Wolves + World of Warcraft + Warhammer. As far as the story goes, it is just more of the same old story that's been told 1,000 times now.

Saw it over the weekend in IMAX 3D. Though I missed the last 10 min or so because the IMAX projectors crapped out. I can guess what happened in the end.

Visually it is a stunning film. It kind of Kind of like World of Warcraft + Warhammer. As far as the story goes, it is just more of the same old story that's been told 1,000 times now.

I just saw the trailer. Looks amazing. Can`t wait to go see it. I bet 3d is even more greater than "normal" view :)

We've got two free tickets to see a movie. Is this one worth it?

Considering it's receiving roughly 8-9/10 from critics and viewers. I would say it's worth it. But if your not into the whole fantasy thing, probably not.

Metacritic has it at 83

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/avatar?q=avatar

Edited by Krazyxazn

the whole movie seemed like a western type movie. It was a great movie but it just seemed over-hyped

I would agree with that statement with alot of the big Blockbusters that are released. However after seeing Avatar, I was just wowed. There is so much you can take from the characters, its not just an action flick. I think it is kinda reflective of Human beings as a whole, we judge so quickly upon others and things that are different, that we fail to see the beauty that they hold.

Like Roger Ebert said

Once again, he has silenced the doubters by simply delivering an extraordinary film. There is still at least one man in Hollywood who knows how to spend $250 million, or was it $300 million, wisely.
It takes a hell of a lot of nerve for a man to stand up at the Oscarcast and proclaim himself King of the World. James Cameron just got re-elected.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...VIEWS/912119998

Just my two cents.

Edited by greengiant912