underclocked

crazyness... just silly!

does anyone know if you can overclock a inspiron 6000... it has a killer crazy 1.73 processor that makes me wanna jump off my roof head first waitin for stuff to download... its not surfing the web wit this thing its waitin for a rescue.... im drowning help!!! :typing:

yep, the bios pretty much limits you from overclocking. Not to mention they only provide you with a PSU that has enough juice to run on standard settings.

1.73 processor that makes me wanna jump off my roof head first waitin for stuff to download
The processor has very little to do with how fast something downloads to your computer...

Get a hard line connection, then get a t1 line ran to your house.... thats about it..

You can setup alot of port and this and that settings to make it a little faster but, basically your maxed out by your internet company (most broadbands run around 10Mbits/s some more, some less) so just get a hardline run to your computer and your as fast as it'll get...

If a line is impossible, you can try and find a wireless card with a better connection and maybe you'll get full speed out of it... wireless still sucks though...

ya wireless g = 54.00 mbps. what can id do about it without spending a fortune?

use Ethernet to eliminate potential WiFi speed issues

use Ethernet to eliminate potential WiFi speed issues

I doubt he has 30+ Mbps internet coming into his house though ;)