Sign in to follow this  
kilrath

7750 Black Edition OC issue

don't know if it is just me being dumb but i hear about 7750's being OCd to like 3.4 GHz. Mine stays stable up to 3Ghz all week long however at 3.1 Windows Boot freezes. I tried Voltages and down clocking the Hyper Transport. No matter what i do it freezes. It runs 3GHz no matter what i do with the voltage so if 3GHz requires no over volt then 3.2 or 3.4 with some extra voltage should be no issue. I am adjusting the multiplier as it is unlocked, not upping the FSB.

Windows 7 Ultimate(did it on XP as well)

7750 Black Edition

2GB 667 Ram

M3A78-EM Mainboard

how much vcore are you feeding the chip with? i used to own one and believe me it's a hard to oc it over 15.5X multi without adding "extra" voltage to keep it stable...

don't know if it is just me being dumb but i hear about 7750's being OCd to like 3.4 GHz. Mine stays stable up to 3Ghz all week long however at 3.1 Windows Boot freezes. I tried Voltages and down clocking the Hyper Transport. No matter what i do it freezes. It runs 3GHz no matter what i do with the voltage so if 3GHz requires no over volt then 3.2 or 3.4 with some extra voltage should be no issue. I am adjusting the multiplier as it is unlocked, not upping the FSB.

Windows 7 Ultimate(did it on XP as well)

7750 Black Edition

2GB 667 Ram

M3A78-EM Mainboard

I had the same issue with this chip no matter how I sent the voltage or any other setting for that matter. I replaced with an Athlon II X4 630 that I'm running @ 3.5GHz stable.