which monitor

brainfart999

I dont understand anything at all about how to choose the right monitor.

I have searched forums but still cant get my head around it at all.

I understand that a low response time is important and i understand that a higher resolution monitor will give a much clearer picture but i dont understand why i cant find smaller monitors (smaller than 30inch) in high resolution (2560x1600). Is resolution relative to the actual size of the screen?

Please forgive me for being dumb.

The system i am building should support any monitor available, however i want to run 3 monitors and i dont want to spend any more than

my question is, are you planning on gaming on them?, if you are, what video card do you have? and whats your current monitor? :)

I have planned the system entirely for gaming, the card is a 5970

The monitor i am using at the moment is an old analogue screen connected to a really crappy old pc - i will not be using this!

I have all the bits i need to build the system barring the blu ray drive and the graphics card which are paid for and should be arriving in the post in the next few days

For a higher than normal rez (but 16:9) I would recommend this

I LOVE this monitor. Great value for price. :lol:

I am still reading stuff and learning as im posting, 16:10 would be better right? would Eyefinity still work with this format?

2048 x 1152 resolution and low response time looks very good for the price - no uk sellers on ebay cheapest here is pixmania

i don't understand why i cant find smaller monitors (smaller than 30inch) in high resolution (2560x1600). Is resolution relative to the actual size of the screen?

Most 24" and 26" monitors are 1920x1200 or some similar resolution, and frankly that is a lot of pixels so if you end up getting three monitors get three 1920x1200 24" monitors. Samsung is a good brand.