amd phenom x64 9600 2.3 black edition

underclocked

yes you need a copy of cpuz (to confirm your current settings), OCCT (for stability testing), and possibly prime95/memtest(for stability testing). im almost certain on the settings but still havent had the chance to check yet. And your MB probably doesn't have ACC i think only the 785g, 790x/gx/fx series northbridge has ACC

What you need to do in order to not fry your chip is:

1. find the multiplier in your BIOS and bump it up one step (.5) at a time until your computer will no longer boot into windows ( hopefully it will still POST but not boot to windows, if it goes from booting to windows fine directly to not posting then you will have to clear your cmos)
  2. Drop the multi down one step to where it still boots into windows then run OCCT 1hr test to check for preliminary stability if it passes, Great! otherwise keep dropping the multi down until it does
  3. Find the FSB/Reference clock in your BIOS it should be set to 200. repeat steps 1 and 2 with FSB instead of multi (you can up the fsb by about 2-5mhz each time)
  4. Bump the core voltage up one step at a time (NEVER go past 1.4v with this chip, it would probably be fine up to 1.425 but to be on the safe side dont go past 1.4) and see if the multi/FSB will go higher until your desired clock speed is obtained
  5. After you have found a clock speed that you are satisfied with run occt for at least a 4hr test as well as prime95/memtest

if you need any help feel free to pm me

so you have the same processor as me and you got it to 2.7? very nice! i like!