Low 3dmark06 score????

Dillon83

well you're sticks are stock spec'd at 800mhz, that's why :P. Those sticks aren't guaranteed to run 1066mhz, though clocking up to 900 on 800mhz sticks is impressive. What timings are you running (or are they auto??)

If you're thinking about getting a new machine I wouldn't get new memory but if 5400 X2's haved clocked high statistically, you could probably dig around for a nice 2x2GB set of 1066mhz for around 70 if you're lucky (maybe less?)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...7-289-_-Product if you don't mind rebates

you could always shark the OCC Marketplace too

Ok well idk exactly my settings are but in my bios I up the (I believe) FSB and as I'm doing this it shows my new CPU clock freq. It also ups my ram speed too. Each click up on FSB also ups ram speed. That's where I'm getting 900 something. As far as voltage goes I don't know exactly. I up the CPU by 2 (preset voltage options) and the memory by 1.

Does that make sense? I can get exact if u really want it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well idk exactly my settings are but in my bios I up the (I believe) FSB and as I'm doing this it shows my new CPU clock freq. It also ups my ram speed too. Each click up on FSB also ups ram speed. That's where I'm getting 900 something. As far as voltage goes I don't know exactly. I up the CPU by 2 (preset voltage options) and the memory by 1.

Does that make sense? I can get exact if u really want it.

I don't know much about that chip's voltage ranges or anything so you'd tell me a number and I'd be like "I guess that's in tolerance" lol, but yeah unless you overclock from the multiplier (black edition), then the memory scales up in frequency along with the CPU which is why you'd need 1066mhz sticks to be able to clock higher than 900mhz

I don't know much about that chip's voltage ranges or anything so you'd tell me a number and I'd be like "I guess that's in tolerance" lol, but yeah unless you overclock from the multiplier (black edition), then the memory scales up in frequency along with the CPU which is why you'd need 1066mhz sticks to be able to clock higher than 900mhz

Ok so since we know a little about my system what do I need to do to I'mprove the mark score?

Overclock more (which would require some 1066mhz sticks) or a do a full facelift with a new CPU+Motherboard+memory (most likely you'd be getting some 1600mhz sticks)

Ok so basicly it's the CPU. I have 1066 sticks. There is a quad core phenom for 150 on eBay. It's the fastest CPU I've found for an AM2 socket. A new mobo CPU would start getting expensive I think. What would u recommend for a new mobo CPU?

yeah check with your board manufacturer and make sure your bios is updated and it should work. If not the 955, most definitely the 940!!

R u talking about checking on MSIs website for a new bios for the K9A2 plat? I've never updated a mobo bios before....

Also as far as the overclocking voltages go....I'll post shortly.

R u talking about checking on MSIs website for a new bios for the K9A2 plat? I've never updated a mobo bios before....

Also as far as the overclocking voltages go....I'll post shortly.

CPU voltage is 1.390

memory is 1.80

nb voltage is auto

hypertans voltage is auto

CPU is 3.220

DDR mem freq is 920

CPU temp at idle in bios is 44c

my bios is v02.61 copyright 1985-2006 lol