Low 3dmark06 score????

Dillon83

I did the DEMO 3dmark06 (can't change default settings) and my score was only a little over 10000....and my card was OCed!

what the heck?

On the reviews OCC has done it is like 16k!

What is wrong with my system?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the DEMO 3dmark06 (can't change default settings) and my score was only a little over 10000....and my card was OCed!

what the heck?

On the reviews OCC has done it is like 16k!

What is wrong with my system?

come on guys 37 views and no replys?

To be able to help you how about this, you tell us what your PC's hardware consists of and what speeds your CPU and GPU are set at. Does the rest of your system compare to the hardware reviewed? 3DMark will take your CPU speed into account. Overall though does it play the games that you play at your resolution? Don't set your bar by synthetic 3DMark scores but rather by how it actually performs during games.

To be able to help you how about this, you tell us what your PC's hardware consists of and what speeds your CPU and GPU are set at. Does the rest of your system compare to the hardware reviewed?

:withstupid: It's not just your GPU scoring in there

This is what the specks of his rig consists of.

MSI K9A2 Platinum, Athlon 5400+ X2 (OC 3.22ghz), 2GIG DDR2 800mhz (DUAL CHANNEL), Currently Sapphire HD5770 (CF coming soon)

750watt Modular PSU, Thermal take Case

MSI K9A2 Platinum, Athlon 5400+ X2 (OC 3.22ghz), 2GIG DDR2 800mhz (DUAL CHANNEL), Currently Sapphire HD5770 (CF coming soon)

Thank u for putting up my system info. I think it's probably CPU if I was guessing. But I'm gonna have to upgrade my mobo to get a new processor. If it's ram u have to think about the fact it will coat me around 100dollars to double my ram. That could be 100 toward a new mobo...

Idk

stalker :P

Well that does explain alot, I bet the test system had, at the very least, Core 2 quad, if not a Phenom II or Core i7

It's CERTAINLY not ram, (unless the ram will not allow you to overclock higher)

stalker :P

Well that does explain alot, I bet the test system had, at the very least, Core 2 quad, if not a Phenom II or Core i7

It's CERTAINLY not ram, (unless the ram will not allow you to overclock higher)

overclocking ram is an issue! In the bios I can up my CPU and as I do it ups the ram. At 3.22ghz my ram is like low 900's. I'm running as u know ddr2 up to 1066mhz. So my ram should have more in it. I can't clock higher with out aftermarket cooling. Or at least I can't get it to be stable.....heat rises and causes crash I guess.

overclocking ram is an issue! In the bios I can up my CPU and as I do it ups the ram. At 3.22ghz my ram is like low 900's. I'm running as u know ddr2 up to 1066mhz. So my ram should have more in it. I can't clock higher with out aftermarket cooling. Or at least I can't get it to be stable.....heat rises and causes crash I guess.

well you're sticks are stock spec'd at 800mhz, that's why :P. Those sticks aren't guaranteed to run 1066mhz, though clocking up to 900 on 800mhz sticks is impressive. What timings are you running (or are they auto??)

If you're thinking about getting a new machine I wouldn't get new memory but if 5400 X2's haved clocked high statistically, you could probably dig around for a nice 2x2GB set of 1066mhz for around 70 if you're lucky (maybe less?)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...7-289-_-Product if you don't mind rebates

you could always shark the OCC Marketplace too