Star Trek MMO beta

AnomalousX

I applied for a beta tester spot on the Star Trek game but have not got a reply about it yet, has anyone else been able to play the beta? did you think it was any good?

Some of it looks good other parts don't. What I do like is how it goes from FPS to ship to ship thats pretty cool. I think the ship to ship stuff will be alot like Lagacy was with some improvements.

Some of it looks good other parts don't. What I do like is how it goes from FPS to ship to ship thats pretty cool. I think the ship to ship stuff will be alot like Lagacy was with some improvements.

That is what I have been waiting for from a MMO, you have games like EVE online that are space combat, but you can never get out of your "ship" or "station" to explore planets, space stations, or your own ship. Star trek online is bring that to the table to create a Space MMO that really allows you to explore the universe.

That is what I have been waiting for from a MMO, you have games like EVE online that are space combat, but you can never get out of your "ship" or "station" to explore planets, space stations, or your own ship. Star trek online is bring that to the table to create a Space MMO that really allows you to explore the universe.

Ya not to mention it allows alot more stuff to happen and not be the same old thing day in and day out.

Well I am thinking they are going to take the "wow" development type cycle with the game. However unlike wow they have unlimited possibilities the Star Trek universe is so much more vast than most games out there (Star Wars a likely equal). So if they update the game with new planets and new "areas in space" I will be happy!

I have an Eve account, it's ok I agree a lot with Greengiant about being able to leave the pod but some stations might be really crowded like in Jeta or Amarr, Eve is pretty stagnant too, I think because of the market they are really paranoid about adding new "tiers" of items. And the missions get repetitive.

Also does anyone remember the Early wing commander games' briefings? it was a decent BMP of the mission room and a crowd of pilots gathered around the flight boss getting final preflight instructions, it was simple but as a story telling tool it also worked well, occasionally other pilots would pop and say things about the mission themselves. Kind of like Star Wars a New Hope when the X Wing pilots are all gathered and talking about blowing up the death star. More fighter and space fighter games need to do that.