Cordless mouse for gaming

Rankiz

I am a leftie and I wish I get the MX610 cordless mouse for lefties. The only left handed mouse in the world. But I don't know if it's good enough for gaming, we are talking RPG here, such as WoW. Do you think it would be good enough for RPG playing and not FPS games? Also, atm I am using a Razer Diamondback 3G.

Thought I go ahead and link this, even though it's the total opposite of what your asking. I think they would be very nice mouses for an MMO.

Razer Naga

OpenOffice Mouse (ugly, but think of all the binds)

When I used to play WoW, I would have killed for this. I was using my Logitech G5 and I binded all 9 buttons. Haha. So many spells and scripts. The 9 button's didn't even cover it all. My keyboard was filled with binds that I had to make into combination with the modifier keys (shift, shift+ctrl, and etc)

Edited by Krazyxazn

A fellow southpaw! I have the diamondback for home, and the MX610-LH for work (which I'm using right now ;) ). I would get the MX610 for home as well, but since my rig is old as dust, I haven't been able to play any new games and thus need to build a new system before thinking about my mouse... Oh, if only diapers and formula didn't cost so much :rolleyes:

The MX610 fits like a glove for us. No longer do you need to be jealous of right-handers with mice crafted for their hands only (I love seeing the expression on the face of others when they try using my mouse, now they know how it feels for us when using mice made for them).

The cold/warm response time is VERY quick, and while 800 dpi isn't the greatest, I don't think it would affect my gaming terribly. You can customize the actions for all the buttons except the email and messaging ones. One thing I noticed when first getting this mouse was that it swaps left and right click without requiring a change in the OS (ie: they wired the buttons in reverse)... while this does give a more comfortable and natural feel to the mouse as your index finger now becomes the left click (as right-handers are already used to), I decided to swap them the other way because my middle finger is used to being the left click and my index finger being the right click.

I hope you found this mini-review helpful. Let us know what you decide!

Edited by kurosen

cordless gaming mice suck they need batteries or to be charged constantly, here is a decent wireless mouse(the batteries last forever (they claim six months I've been using it as an interim mouse and I agree)), I think you should get a wired gaming mouse though.

I must disagree. I have to change the batteries on my MX610 once every 3 months or so. Considering I use this mouse for a minimum of 8 hours every day, I'd say that's pretty good. I'm sure if I put a couple of eneloops in there instead, I could stop replacing them altogether and just charge them once in a blue moon, before I leave the office (or in this case, go to bed).

Thanks a lot for the inputs, and specifically thanks to kurosen. Many of you others, I do not need a link to a RIGHT handed mouse, are you insuling me? ^^

Okay, seriously. I think for example that Razer mamba in many ways will be the same as Razer diamondback 3G. Only with the buttons on the wrong side. And Razer Naga is completely useless, try using it with your left hand and tell me what you think.

greengiant912, I am aware of that specified problem. But today, there is only one eft handed mouse in the world, this mouse is cordless. We have some alternatives in ambixious (spelled correctly?) mouses, but these are few and not optimal for comfort.

Edited by Rankiz

The cold/warm response time is VERY quick, and while 800 dpi isn't the greatest, I don't think it would affect my gaming terribly.
I very rarely run my MX518 on 1600 (the highest dpi), usually I have it on 1200 and only ever go up one setting for photo editing.

Thanks a lot for the inputs, and specifically thanks to kurosen. Many of you others, I do not need a link to a RIGHT handed mouse, are you insuling me? ^^

Okay, seriously. I think for example that Razer mamba in many ways will be the same as Razer diamondback 3G. Only with the buttons on the wrong side. And Razer Naga is completely useless, try using it with your left hand and tell me what you think.

greengiant912, I am aware of that specified problem. But today, there is only one eft handed mouse in the world, this mouse is cordless. We have some alternatives in ambixious (spelled correctly?) mouses, but these are few and not optimal for comfort.

You are very welcome. Believe me, if there were a wired alternative to the MX610, I'd go with that for gaming.

• 3 months later...