Sign in to follow this  
uneedav8

13 GPU supercomputer

LOL! cool! And for a supercomputer it's cheap. This thing has loads of commercial apps when they work out all the bugs, I can't imagine a decent weather agency without this to produce their own custom imagery of storms and stuff.

Edited by AnomalousX

i have a question that has been killing me ..can a core i7 975 or xeon ..(whatever model ) + 4 gpus be included in supercomputer category ..?

it is not the best but can it be a supercom. or at least perform like one ..

and what is the difference between workstation board and consumer level board ..like asus has a x58 work station and the high end rampage ii extreme ...

Edited by N.E.A

GPGPU will give you a lot of processing power, but only in specific situations.

Another think to note is that it only eats up 1200W for 13xGT200b GPUs and 1xi7 CPU and yet fellow forum members suggest 1000W power supplies for 4xGT200b and 1xi7 CPU.

Please take note that more then once power requirements are overestimated.

Another think to note is that it only eats up 1200W for 13xGT200b GPUs and 1xi7 CPU and yet fellow forum members suggest 1000W power supplies for 4xGT200b and 1xi7 CPU.

Please take note that more then once power requirements are overestimated.

They often are, however, at what percentage of PSU usage does the best efficiency occur? Do you think a power supply lasts as long at full output as it does half?

There are plenty of solid power supplies nowadays, which are capable of putting out their rated values. There are also ones that don't. When you've had a junk power supply smoke, spark and explode...it'll really hit ya :typing:

There are plenty of solid power supplies nowadays, which are capable of putting out their rated values. There are also ones that don't. When you've had a junk power supply smoke, spark and explode...it'll really hit ya :typing:

Public Service Announcement: DON'T BUY SHADY/JUNK POWER SUPPLIES!