The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

No, you need to see it in IMAX 3D. WAY better than regular 3D

I did see in IMAX calm down :P

Agreed

It was pretty funny but it just wasn't as hilarious as it was made out to be, I felt the same way for "Role Models" as well...

+2 Allen made that movie funny, but it wasn't LOL funny (neither was Pinnaple Express). Guess 90% of the raving fans of those movies love chronic?

Finished Avatar - The Last Airbender series. Hopefully the movie will be just as good.

Gotta start avatar, I really want to see them all before the movie comes out.

Now I've got a backlog of anime I need to catch up on.

Gotta finish:

• Elfen Lied
  • Cowboy Bebop (never have watched the whole series)
  • Serial Experiments Lain (only watch the first ep.)

Gotta start:

• Eve No Jikan
  • Gantz
  • last Exile
  • Now and Then Here and There
  • Outlaw Star
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Planetes
  • Scrapped Princess

I need to get some non sci-fi stuff, I've seen a few episodes of fantasy/medieval style anime that look awesome...

Last Exile was weird, very nice artwork but it was a little dry at times. A solid C+/B-

Outlaw Star is a loved classic A+.

I'll have to look up the other shows you mentioned. I've heard of Gantz, Paranoia Agent (looked weird), Cowboy Bebop (mediocre show, similar over hyped like Hangover), Elfen Lied and Lain. The rest I have no clue....

Movies I just saw:

Drillbit Taylor- was actually REALLY funny, I lol'd multiple times during the movie. Can't believe this movie didn't get more attention, I expected it to be bad too.

Inglorious Basterds- not quite what I thought it'd be but it wasn't too bad. (was expecting more of an action movie but it was cool)

Heartbreak Ridge- was sort of like an army themed Gran Torino, was really good and funny in the same style.

Last Exile was weird, very nice artwork but it was a little dry at times. A solid C+/B-

Outlaw Star is a loved classic A+.

I'll have to look up the other shows you mentioned. I've heard of Gantz, Paranoia Agent (looked weird), Cowboy Bebop (mediocre show, similar over hyped like Hangover), Elfen Lied and Lain. The rest I have no clue.

So gar so good on "Now and Then Here and There", I'm only on Episode 9 so far but its been good so far.

So gar so good on "Now and Then Here and There", I'm only on Episode 9 so far but its been good so far.

Noted :), but right now I just got all of Avatar (the anime) so I have all that to go through now.

The Ugly Truth

I am like 3/4 through that movie but it was pretty funny/good up to where I watched it, I refuse to finish it until my friend comes over since they haven't seen the whole thing either haha.

Caught up on a few movies this weekend...I should've watched more but got caught up on reading.

Monsters Vs Aliens (2009)

Up (2009)

G.I. Joe (2009)

BTW, Andrew and other anime watchers...you should watch Full Metal Alchemist (if you haven't already). I was really wowed by that one. I haven't been keeping up with the new reboot of the series, but the completed one is absolutely great.

BTW, Andrew and other anime watchers...you should watch Full Metal Alchemist (if you haven't already). I was really wowed by that one. I haven't been keeping up with the new reboot of the series, but the completed one is absolutely great.

How was GI Joe and Monsters Vs Aliens?? Both of which I've noted to watch.

And of course I've seen FMA and like you I started a few eps into Brotherhood but haven't stuck with it. It is a great show (have you seen the movie??)