The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Gundam Unicorn EP 1 <- This looks like it will be better than Gundam Seed, woot. (new series)

:O new gundam series fuh-real?? I gotta check that out too!!

Anime

Avatar: The Last Airbender - it's pretty funny/awesome, only 6 eps into it though. All the characters are great though

Movies

Max Payne - It wasn't too bad I guess, coulda been better

Hurt Locker - Good movie, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

The Hurt Locker - Group of soldiers leaving a HMMWV deserted in the middle of a street because there MAY be an IED a click down the road? Yeah, sure. Huge insult to the military.

Ninja Assassin - Despite the name, freaking awesome movie.

Old Dogs - Great family movie, mostly clean humor, had a lot of great laughs.

Going to watch Boondock Saints 2 soon, on Blu-Ray. . yeah.

Watched "The Girl of Leaped Through Time" Good movie

The Hurt Locker - Group of soldiers leaving a HMMWV deserted in the middle of a street because there MAY be an IED a click down the road? Yeah, sure. Huge insult to the military.

And wasn't there one there? Yes. People have the instinct to want to survive. Would you rather wait in a Humvee for a RPG to hit or find cover. Not like you could park the Humvee in a garage :P.

Edited by Krazyxazn

First off, you'll never see just a single Humvee out on patrol, there'll always be multiple ones. One single one is too easy a target to eliminate the entire patrol and not have to worry about them firing back at you. Secondly, you never, EVER leave equipment of any kind unsecured like that, especially not abandon a vehicle and go hide in an alley (which makes you even easier to pick off. HMMWVs are up-armored for a reason). By the book, you follow the Five Cs: Clear, Cordon, Control, Call EOD, Check for Secondaries. Here's more. One big part that really made me laugh was that they apparently didn't even attempt to get or maintain a visual on the device.

Good movie, yes. I enjoyed it as a work of fiction done by someone with no experience in the field. Realistic as what's being claimed? Nowhere near it.

Now, back on topic: Astro Boy was pretty good, another good one to watch with kids/family.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

I just can't get into TV anymore, if I'm home I'd rather keep my mind active and play games. But I do watch...

- Naruto Shippuden

- Bleach

Also watching Claymore right now on DVD. Funny I don't watch Avatar: The Last Air Bender when my sifu is responsible for the Toph(?) character - think its the Earth Bender?

I just can't get into TV anymore, if I'm home I'd rather keep my mind active and play games. But I do watch...

- Naruto Shippuden

- Bleach

hopefully you're not caught up on them because both have turned to HORRIBLE filler, Naruto's next episode will finally back on track with the real story but Bleach is still off in la la land

anyway just saw Law Abiding Citizen and it was pretty good, nice intelligent vengeance flick