Sign in to follow this  
compbrainiac

Friends AMD x2 5000+ BE Athlon 64 2nd core 0-5c????

His 2nd core idles below 8c.. while first core idles at 18-20c.. Is this bad?? All opinions appreciated..

2.6ghz not OC'd

1.33v

I would guess that there is a sensor issue which is giving the wrong readings. What are you using to read the temperature?

Edited by Lackadaisical

My AMD X2 5000+ BE has a faulty sensor which gives some weird thermal readings as well.

CoreTemp actually added a 21C offset to some AMD processors to compensate for the weird readings. I suggest you use HWMonitor or CoreTemp for temperature monitoring instead.

My AMD X2 5000+ BE has a faulty sensor which gives some weird thermal readings as well.

CoreTemp actually added a 21C offset to some AMD processors to compensate for the weird readings. I suggest you use HWMonitor or CoreTemp for temperature monitoring instead.

i also have the same issue, but i find speedfan works best with it.

is it a brisbane? because they have lower temp thresholds than others

you can find out by running CPUZ

I never had one over heat...I have pumped 1.55v thru all my Brisbanes...all of my 4000+, 5000+ and 5400+ will do 3.6ghz on 1.55v on air...

the sensor temps never got over 55c...

I never had one over heat...I have pumped 1.55v thru all my Brisbanes...all of my 4000+, 5000+ and 5400+ will do 3.6ghz on 1.55v on air...

the sensor temps never got over 55c...

how did you get the 5000+ to 3.6, i get it passed 3.2, as stated in the topic i started right below this one