Help for a 1st time builder?

backdraft61

I've been researching for a while online, trying to build a cheap test system that I can put together, overclock, etc. I want to keep it cheap so that if I break something during the build or during overclocking, it isn't too expensive. Does anyone see any problems with this build:

Case: Coolermaster Scout

PSU: Corsair TX650

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2

CPU: AMD Phenom 8750 Black Edition

Heatsink: Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer

Graphics Card: Sapphire HD5750 (with Vapor-X)

RAM: 4GB DDR2- I'm not sure about the company yet

1 HDD, 1 CD/DVD drive

BTW, seeing as this is supposed to be a cheap system, I am well aware that most of the parts can be better, but I don't need them to be better. I have a Core i7 computer that I will use as my main computer, and this is just a test system. Does anyone see any issues with the system, like compatibility issues?

I would not bother with a Phenom I, when there's Phenom II right there. I'd pick a cheap AM3 motherboard, 2x2GB of DDR3 (getting cheaper than DDR2) and a Phenom II (perhaps a dual core might be well suited to your needs).

Just my $0.02

I would not bother with a Phenom I, when there's Phenom II right there. I'd pick a cheap AM3 motherboard, 2x2GB of DDR3 (getting cheaper than DDR2) and a Phenom II (perhaps a dual core might be well suited to your needs).

Just my $0.02

+1

What will this system primarily be for?

And

What is your budget?

Just my $0.02

:withstupid:

Unless you already have some of this or are getting it really cheap, it's a bad idea..

Seems like all the stuff will work...

Don't ever worry about breaking it while building or OCing.. just read through guide, see videos, read the manual and be careful... If you have any issues do post on the forum...