need advice on my new card because its slower than my old one?

hello all. I am having a strange issue, i was running a XFX 8800gts xxx edition 320mb card that i liked but it was having a little trouble with dragon age on high settings, so i decided to upgrade but i didnt want to spend much seeing as i play most games on my 360, anyway so after talking with a tech at XFX i decided to go with a hd 4770 512mb for $114 at newegg, i got the card yesterday and the first thing i did was run 3dmark on my 8800gts with the stock clocks then OCed, I then put in the hd 4770 and ran stock clocks on 3dmark....The new card actually scored less then my 8800 when it was OCed when the 8800 was stock the 4770 only scored 500 more marks... i dont know what the deal is i ran driversweep and removed all drivers in saftey mode and installed the latest ati drivers, now if you look at tomshardware video card comparison chart http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-...Score,1533.html there is over a 3000 mark difference,which i would be happy with, i am about to send this card back, can anyone think of something i might be doing wrong ...thanks

physx inflates the 3dmark scores (if vantage)

though you should not have gotten the 4770, especially for that price. A 4850 would have been a better investment and cheaper/stronger as well

i knew it happend, but didnt know why, thx for the info IVI :)