Ran a PI test today not good

baldtcc

I been doing some reading and found that most of you use the Super PI on just about everyone one I am running the real memory is -1 , and the available real memory is -1 , the allocated memory is 2097192 what does all this mean and why is my memeory compared to the rest so low thanks.

What version of SuperPI are you using?

This is the latest version that I believe everyone is using:

Super PI Mod v1.5

After looking that is a known issue, you are not the only one who is experiencing that problem.

I'll make a new thread about a program I've been checking out anyways...

yes this is what it is telling me

1m Calculation Start. 19 iterations

real memory = -1

available ream memory = -1

Allocated memory = 8388648

22.151s PI value output

lol putting the loop time in there is a pain, So what might be the problem and what is the solution thanks

And thanks for the new thread

Edited by baldtcc

My educated guess (re. real/available memory showing "-1") is the size of the variable (integer, word, dword, etc.) being used to store the retrieved value. -1 is a usually caused be an overflowed signed variable. The program is showing its legacy from the old days when memory was much lower in PC than the multi-GB we are used to today. Remember someone once said "No one will ever need more than 640kB".

PS. Until you mentioned the problem, I'd never bothered to look normally concentrating on the resulting time :)

Edited by Blaise