Haf 932 watercooled

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my WC'ing parts today for my 932, I was thinking of mounting the pump on the platform above the hardrive cage, though

That sounds cool. I'd like some pics when you complete it or a WL if you can. Im stuck between mounting the pump on the Side of the Hardrive rack or slightly behind it. (oh BTW 3.70 hour P95 large fft stable WOOOOT) :D

you'll get better results if you have the fans pulling air through the rad not trying to blow into it.

That depends on the rad, the fans, and the heat load. My high cfm fans work better on my swiftech rad pushing through it then pulling.

Nice job Boinker getting all of that inside the case.

Anyone contemplating mounting the pump in a higher location - keep in mind that if you're using a reservoir you'll want it mounted as high in the loop as possible.

The only thing I do a little different is loop routing. My pump outlet goes directly to the cpu waterblock (maintains the highest head pressure that way). But I have in the past ran the cpu waterblock inlet line coming directly out of the radiator. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Nice looking build though. I'd love to get my Swiftech 220 inside my case but no way in the Antec 900.

And speaking of the Swiftech RADS, mine works much better in a push configuration than pull.

boink boink lemme know when your parts come in i have to wait a few weeks before i can order the 200x230 fan for mine unless i use yours and doing that depends on if it gets mounted inside or out.

While boinker is doing the water cooling thing i am still doing air just doing it with 1- 330mm fan on side 2- 120 front 1-120 rear and 1-120 top right now with the top fan being replaced but the bigger 200x230 fan :) maybe i will post some pics of my old CM stacker 810 when i done if bonker dont beat me to it that is lol

Ok bishop. Ill let you know. I know I will get the parts this week but that is up too petra-tech right now. and currently I am monitoring the status of my small ecosystem :D. its not cool. put biocide in it and Heaven forbid it would build a small ecosystem. >:-(. Ill give you a call here before the week is over, we will see.

Edit: also does anyone out there know what I should used to kill off all the bio-buildup I have in my rig. i think its algae but im not certain, it is the consistancy of a clear algae or seaweed. maybe there is something I can put in there to kill it and hopefully flush out the system before I take it downj to do revision 2??? All I can determin at this point, is its a living organism that is not welcome in my system. Any and all help getting rid of it would be much appreciated. :D

Edited by boinker

Repost:

Does anyone out there know what I should use to kill off all the bio-buildup I have in my rig's WC system. i think its algae but im not certain, it is the consistancy of a clear algae or seaweed. maybe there is something I can put in there to kill it and hopefully flush out the system before I take it downj to do revision 2??? All I can determin at this point, is its a living organism that is not welcome in my system. Any and all help getting rid of it would be much appreciated.

Boinker,

Two tablespoons of bleach per quart of water or some water wetter and run it through the loop for about an hour. Disassemble the loop and soak the block and pump in a solution of vinegar and water. Rinse, rinse and rinse again using distilled water. Dry everything off and let it sit to air dry for a while. Replace all of your tubing and rebuild the loop.

I use Hydrix and/or Black Ice + distilled water only in my loops and never have a problem.

Good luck.