Fallout 1,2,Tactics better than Fallout 3 + all of DLCs?

sack_patrol

Fallout 1,2,Tactics better than Fallout 3 + all of DLCs?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Fallout 1,2,Tactics better than Fallout 3 + all of DLCs?

• Fallout 1 is the best.
    • Fallout 2 is the best.
    • Fallout Tactics is the best.
    • Fallout 3 + DLC's is the best.
    • All Fallouts except 3 are the best.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's really hard to compare 2 different genres that'd be like comparing DDR to Halo

but i like Fallout 3, until I beat all the missions then it just got repetitive

Edited by CowKing

About the turn based thing that someone posted: You are free to move as much as you want while not in combat. While in combat, moving is a waste. Staying in once place is good as long as you have a gun and you shoot. If you manage to get an NPC to fight besides you, like Ian I think was his name in Shady Sands village, he almost always kills everything and has lots of turns for some reason, so it kinda takes a load of your back. Other than in combat...nothing else is turn based. This is a good thing though because it evens things out. If you could always move, it'd be too easy. This way, you have to plan ahead and manage every point you get for performing an action in combat.

I'd rather play a board game that fight in the Fallout 1 and 2. lol Even while playing the board game I can get up and walk around wherever I want

I really liked the FoT approach in that aspect. It came with both turn based and real-time, although I played it exclusively in real-time as I enjoyed it better.

What's funny is that even though FoT was a tactical game it would probably considered a cRPG with how dumbed down these games have become over the years.

loved 1 and 2, but i just couldn't play tactics. everything felt wrong, and with no real story to back it up i didn't get very far into it before putting it on the shelf forever.

3 is so different that it's not really worth comparing it to the previous games. it's a great game, but it's hard to really call it a great fallout game.

1 was alright, I didn't like the time constraints. That really put me off.

2 was very good :thumbs-up:

Tactics was also quite good, I like the squad based gameplay (and realtime). I'm gonna have to fire it up again one of these days :)

What, no Brotherhood of Steel? :lol:, that's an ok game - I think its only redeeming factor was that it could be two player.

3 is very good, as well. Not the typical fallout turn based game, definitely not a FPS (like some people want to believe :rolleyes: ), just a non-traditional RPG

PS. I agree with waco...