Fallout 1,2,Tactics better than Fallout 3 + all of DLCs?

sack_patrol

Fallout 1,2,Tactics better than Fallout 3 + all of DLCs?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Fallout 1,2,Tactics better than Fallout 3 + all of DLCs?

• Fallout 1 is the best.
    • Fallout 2 is the best.
    • Fallout Tactics is the best.
    • Fallout 3 + DLC's is the best.
    • All Fallouts except 3 are the best.

Your missing the point. Look at it this way: You have to cross a bridge. You see 2 different bridges, 1 is a steel bridge leading to safety, the second one is an old wooden bridge with termites eating through it, and it's barely hanging on and will probably not support you meaning you will fall and die. I don't wanna die...I'm taking the steel bridge....your not much more pro than me if you fall off and die are you? Same with the game, VATS is much more secure and effective, no reason to not use it always, it almost always assures victory...nothing is stopping you...nothing that you have to give in exchange to use it...so why hold back?

It's just as comparable to ducking and covering with live fire, except no wait (you've made it plenty clear that you like waiting instead of acting with your preference of the old Fallout combat systems).

Have fun waiting your ten seconds to cross the bridge, I'll be waiting for you on the other side.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your missing the point. Look at it this way: You have to cross a bridge. You see 2 different bridges, 1 is a steel bridge leading to safety, the second one is an old wooden bridge with termites eating through it, and it's barely hanging on and will probably not support you meaning you will fall and die. I don't wanna die...I'm taking the steel bridge....your not much more pro than me if you fall off and die are you? Same with the game, VATS is much more secure and effective, no reason to not use it always, it almost always assures victory...nothing is stopping you...nothing that you have to give in exchange to use it...so why hold back?

Theres softcore mode and hardcore mode in Diablo (linky). One ensures you never die and can eat cookies all day long. The other you have to play smarter and watch your back. Why play the hardcore mode when you can play the fluffy bunny mode?

God damn i'm good at this. I can dance all day....I can dance all day...

/facedesk

You have stated which games were better how is that not your opinon :blink:

This.

Dude, you're being arrogant. In the end, no matter what you say, it's always rounded off by your massive ego. You make un-backed statements, or ones that aren't consistent with YOUR OWN "thoughts" (lolwut) and your logic is just, horrible. Not your opinion? Then what is it?

Oh wait, it came from you so it must be superior in some way to what others think. Get over it. You're not fooling anyone but yourself.

Edited by nikola19283

I was about to mention how Fallout 3 may be a required taste...Until I remembered it was critically acclaimed in all aspects of its awesomeness ^_^

To be honest Ballist1x, if you're expecting a game to be crap, you're going to think it's crap when you play it. I always expected games like Sonic the Hedgehog, Crash Bandicoot, and Rayman to be crap, despite how loved they were by my peers. I played little bits of each game, and guess what? Before I had even played them, my opinion had been set in stone and I never touched them again.

Now that was when I was 8. I've grown up now, and most games I play I actively think "THIS IS GOING TO BE FREAKING SWEET!". BAM! I loved Super Mario Galaxy (despite it being a complete facelift of the game I played religiously for about 4 years, Super Mario 64), Mario Sunshine, Unreal Tournament, CoD4 (Because EEEVERYONE was playing it, I decided to give it a go. I HATE old war games with a passion, but I didn't realise it was called "Modern Warfare" :P)

And one of the games I'm clocking a fair number of hours on is DiRT 2, and I find racing games boring! Imagine that!

So as far as your Fallout argument goes, you're a hopeless cause who should really just stop trolling and stick to your FO1, 2 and T, while we play FO3 and have the times of our lives!

This thread should now be closed :D

It's the game's job to make it's self likable to the audience, I don't have to force my self to like it.

To answer nikolas question: no it's not about my opinion...it doesn't matter if I like or hate or whatever a game, in the end it's either good or bad. Though "good" and "bad" is different for everyone.

Theres softcore mode and hardcore mode in Diablo (linky). One ensures you never die and can eat cookies all day long. The other you have to play smarter and watch your back. Why play the hardcore mode when you can play the fluffy bunny mode?

God damn i'm good at this. I can dance all day....I can dance all day...

/facedesk

because the different modes aren't just about dying. There is much more than that. You can in no way compare the 2. In D2 you gotta get to the end without dying ONCE! Getting to the end, without being killed or pked is a challenge by it's self. In fo3, you can die...who cares...just make sure u safe often. Also you get nothing from fighting normally...absolutely nothing...you can't even say u get better at fps as it's not even a real fps game...shots are decided from your perks n stuff, and the % of some other whatevers. You really don't get anything out of it.

So as far as your Fallout argument goes, you're a hopeless cause who should really just stop trolling and stick to your FO1, 2 and T, while we play FO3 and have the times of our lives!

You mean I'm not enjoying fo1 2 but I SHOULD 3? How bout if I tell u that I'm getting much more from 1,2 than you are from 3...?

It's the game's job to make it's self likable to the audience, I don't have to force my self to like it.

To answer nikolas question: no it's not about my opinion...it doesn't matter if I like or hate or whatever a game, in the end it's either good or bad. Though "good" and "bad" is different for everyone.

I am guessing you have no idea what opinon means do you?

You don't like the game, you think its bad.

I like the game and I think its great.

That my friend is called a difference of opinon nothing you say or do makes it anything else. <_>

It does matter? You first said it's not about your opinion, then that good and bad varies from person to person - which is basically another way of saying people have their own preferences? Rather contradicting.

Ya but...there are bad games and good games. If I make a flash game right now although I can't...but still make it...using ms paint, will that be good? No, of course it won't. For each game type there are criteria that make it good or bad...in it's category respectively. What I'm saying is that fallout 3 didn't live up to the it's name. Okay whatever who cares, this could probably go on forever...waste of time. Play ur games n whatevers...I'll play mine.

Edited by ballist1x

Wait am I missing something here? You said you don't like games that take no skill, yet you use VATS even though you could not be using it and actually having to go to cover and aim correctly :blink:

Don't say this game has no skill if you only use VATS. Re-read your posts, and then stop making comments that contradict each other.

To sum it up, you want games that you have to have skill to play yet you still take the easy way in them. :rolleyes:

Edited by Krieg1337