TO AMD fans ..the next generation chipsets from AMD

good news for all of you guys ..

just read about the next generation and saw the pic , i am not a fan of AMD but i like the company especially after 4800 and Phenom iis :D:D

here it is :

MSI Motherboard 890FX GD70 1 300x244 MSI 890FX G70 Motherboard Pictures Leaked

AMD is setting up for a handful of exciting releases in the next year, namely the release of its new Leo platform and the debut of the 6-core Thuban processors.

Included with that is the launch of the AMD 890FX series that combines the new SB850 southbridge with the RD890 chipset. Coolaler has managed to obtain a sneak peak at an upcoming 890FX motherboard by MSI, the 890FX-GD70.

The chipset will support AM3 processors and thus relies on DDR3, of which there are four slots. It includes an overkill of six PCI-Ex16 slots along with six SATA III ports (and a separate blue SATA port) as well as legacy IDE. There is a noticeably large DrMOS labelled cooler and includes all of MSI’s overclocking features with easy OC buttons and CMOS reset right on the board.

The rear connectors include Gigabite Ethernet, 7.1 channel audio, eSATA, Firewire and a suspect two USB 3.0 ports (blue USB slots)

Availability is expected sometime in Q2 2010 and pricing will likely reflect a premium quality motherboard.

look at the board , you can not miss the 6 pci-e x16 slots

post-67610-1260477315_thumb.jpg

it looks awesome and i believe that this is not the reference looking board , because of the 6 slots ..i am not sure if it will be released with

the Hexa core from AMD or not .

source : http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/cpu/ms...ictures-leaked/

edit : sorry for the title it should have been like this :

TO AMD fans ..the next generation chipsets from AMD, you can not miss this even if you are not Fan of AMD

i hope that bosco can do it ..:D

Edited by N.E.A

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the looks, but WOW is that a cramped space for a heatsink? thats nice the MOSFET has a large heatsink, but they should of designed that to go away from the CPU..

i haven't been a fan of AMD in a while, but i always gotta give next gen. products a chance.

i like the looks, but WOW is that a cramped space for a heatsink? thats nice the MOSFET has a large heatsink, but they should of designed that to go away from the CPU..

i haven't been a fan of AMD in a while, but i always gotta give next gen. products a chance.

i think that is the north bridge ..

With the current range of AMD CPU's that board would max them with Xfire 5870's and become a bottleneck, Never mind Quadfire :lol:

yeah

...6 pci-e slots...what the heck, ctfd AMD... I'd lol @ anyone who'd put 6 VGAs in his PC. Not to meniton the money that will go to waste.

EDIT: I'm sure they were going for 10 pcie slots, but the new Mega Tower Cases haven't come out yet so they had to restrain them selves to only 6.

Edited by ballist1x

6 pci-e slots is ridiculous. Although I think this just might replace the MSI K9A2 Platinum board amongst folders! :D Either way i cant wait for the new chipsets. :)

yeah i can not too :D , but i think they are there for a reason ..;)

...6 pci-e slots...what the heck, ctfd AMD... I'd lol @ anyone who'd put 6 VGAs in his PC. Not to meniton the money that will go to waste.

EDIT: I'm sure they were going for 10 pcie slots, but the new Mega Tower Cases haven't come out yet so they had to restrain them selves to only 6.

that is not possible the maximum number gpus that can be installed is 4 ..as one of the members said , you can run all four @ x 16

and that can be one of the possible use of the slots ..but my mind tells me if 4 of them can run @ x16 then the rest will be either x8 or x4 ...

the last two can run at @ x4 if both populated or x8 if one is populated ..what do you guys think about that ..?

and they will be used mostly for sound cards raid cards ( you won't need one but just in case if you need raid 5 or JBOD and the board does not support it ) but i do recall seeing a sound card with x4 interface ...

Edited by N.E.A