Sign in to follow this  
juanshopOC

when upgrading the build troubles got into my life :(.

so here, this last weekend I bought a cooler master v8, everything awesome, the install was a pain in the butt, but anyways I was exited, my sys build was looking better than everm I was ready to turn it on and boom.... trouble, all the leds turned on, but I was not getting image on the screen, and then all the suden the video card, a ati 4870 turned up 3 lights from left right the pattern was : on - off - on - on, they blinked... and then all my 230 mm fans stoped... it was like the system wasn't getting enough energy or something, I took the time, umpluged everything, then pluged everything back on, nothing, then I took off ram, and boom the system turned on, but it gave me the blue screen telling me that I had hardware trouble, I restarted and eveything worked out, ran some test's, and eveything was stable and working fine.

now, today, same happened... system turns on, video card led's blinked on the same pattern, the 230 mm fans stoped working, the 120 and 140mm still working.

all of the 4 leds of my mobo are on, they don't blink or anything, same as the day I installed the v8, I'm afraid I have damaged something, video, or mobo or something, I hope not, any ideas what would be?

my sys is:

phenom II 955

4 gigs ram

corsair tx770w

msi 770 c45

ati 4870

:unsure:

Run Memtest, make sure you get like 8 passes.

Then Boot into windows and run OCCT and Prime95.

Does your Mobo have onboard video? Do you have another set of memory, or another board you can test the memory on?

Run Memtest, make sure you get like 8 passes.

Then Boot into windows and run OCCT and Prime95.

Does your Mobo have onboard video? Do you have another set of memory, or another board you can test the memory on?

noI would run those test's now.

and my mobo does not have on board video nor I have another set of memory, nor another board, but I am going to upgrade memory and mobo for chrismas...

in the mean time, I will be running th tests and I will post the results.

noI would run those test's now.

and my mobo does not have on board video nor I have another set of memory, nor another board, but I am going to upgrade memory and mobo for chrismas...

in the mean time, I will be running th tests and I will post the results.

you said it tries to boot without memory right?? does the blue screen prompt you to insert memory modules??

you said it tries to boot without memory right?? does the blue screen prompt you to insert memory modules??

no what I tried to say was that I took the memory off and the put it back again.

sorry, english is not my first language :P I just been speaking it and writing it for 3 years now.

no what I tried to say was that I took the memory off and the put it back again.

sorry, english is not my first language :P I just been speaking it and writing it for 3 years now.

no it's ok, your english is fine. It just sounded like you left the sticks out and it booted (somewhat)

Don't worry about it, it's almost better then mine and it's the only language I speak. :P

I'd run those stress tests before you do anything else, especially if you can boot into windows.

Don't worry about it, it's almost better then mine and it's the only language I speak. :P

I'd run those stress tests before you do anything else, especially if you can boot into windows.

just finished getting eveything in the case again, I will run test's tomorrow, is late now and tomorrow school is waiting as usual ... in the mean time, my acer extensa would be my partner :smack:

running mem test.. is going to take a while :P just for one pass took like 35 min. :P

damn! lol why so long??