Interview With NVIDIA

Nemo

That's pretty cool. Does ATI have anything like this in the works?

i think ATI is in a partnership with IZ3D, which is the Best when it comes to 3D vision, not even half as many limitations as the N3dV, thats the last time i checked ofcourse, and i was actually saving up for one of IZ3D's 22" screens but they announced that they will be bringing a new line out in the near future so im waiting on that :)

Edited by SenitaL

720p? meh..
That's merely what's currently available. Check back for our CES coverage to learn more...that's all I can say right now ;)

i think ATI is in a partnership with IZ3D, which is the Best when it comes to 3D vision, not even half as many limitations as the N3dV, thats the last time i checked ofcourse, and i was actually saving up for one of IZ3D's 22" screens but they announced that they will be bringing a new line out in the near future so im waiting on that :)
What limitations does 3D Vision have, aside from requiring an NVIDIA card? You buy the glasses and then you're able to use them on any 120Hz monitor, meaning you can use them on multiple PCs/notebooks, bring them over to a friend's house, use them for 3D Blu-ray (eventually), etc. IZ3D, on the other hand, requires that you buy its monitor and its monitor only... and the only one currently available is 22" @ 1680x1050. Now that's what I'm currently using at home, but I know that would disappoint a lot of people, not to mention the fact that I'd rather go with a monitor brand I trust (like Samsung) rather than a "no name".

The only benefit IZ3D has is you can use an ATI card. That's it as far as I can see.

That's merely what's currently available. Check back for our CES coverage to learn more...that's all I can say right now ;)

What limitations does 3D Vision have, aside from requiring an NVIDIA card? You buy the glasses and then you're able to use them on any 120Hz monitor, meaning you can use them on multiple PCs/notebooks, bring them over to a friend's house, use them for 3D Blu-ray (eventually), etc. IZ3D, on the other hand, requires that you buy its monitor and its monitor only... and the only one currently available is 22" @ 1680x1050. Now that's what I'm currently using at home, but I know that would disappoint a lot of people, not to mention the fact that I'd rather go with a monitor brand I trust (like Samsung) rather than a "no name".

The only benefit IZ3D has is you can use an ATI card. That's it as far as I can see.

The last thing i remember watching with reguards to 3D vision is this:

Im not actually sure of how far Nvidia have advanced since i last checked their 3D vision, im assuming quite alot because i just found this while searching arroud for a recent overveiw of them both:

http://www.linustechtips.com/uncategorized...3d-technologies

On the other hand IZ3D have said that they are working on improving their drivers and such to even work in SLI/Xfire, and add more titles to the list of the already huge ammount of games it supports, so i guess it will probably just be down to personal preferences but as IZ3D and Nvidia have a LOT of supporters with reguards to their 3D vision.

Edited by SenitaL

Here's a list of all the games 3D Vision currently supports:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_3D_Games.html

I think over 400 games is pretty good support, and based on my discussion with NVIDIA, more and more developers are hopping on board. NVIDIA gives the SDK to any developer that wants it and will work with them to ensure the best 3D experience possible. Even if the developers themselves don't work with SDK, NVIDIA is still able to support games on their own since most games are developed in 3D to begin with. And that's why, if you take a look at that list, you'll see NVIDIA breaks it down in to quality categories (which personally I think is very noble of them).

Also, I can ensure you that new games coming out will be 3D Vision ready as well. Unfortunately that's under NDA right now, so I can't mention them, but suffice it to say, you'll be seeing some big names with support straight away.

PS. I'm not trying to act the NVIDIA fanboy. Personally I still think the tech is too pricey for what it offers...just trying to present you with all the information.

Here's a list of all the games 3D Vision currently supports:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_3D_Games.html

I think over 400 games is pretty good support, and based on my discussion with NVIDIA, more and more developers are hopping on board. NVIDIA gives the SDK to any developer that wants it and will work with them to ensure the best 3D experience possible. Even if the developers themselves don't work with SDK, NVIDIA is still able to support games on their own since most games are developed in 3D to begin with. And that's why, if you take a look at that list, you'll see NVIDIA breaks it down in to quality categories (which personally I think is very noble of them).

Also, I can ensure you that new games coming out will be 3D Vision ready as well. Unfortunately that's under NDA right now, so I can't mention them, but suffice it to say, you'll be seeing some big names with support straight away.

PS. I'm not trying to act the NVIDIA fanboy. Personally I still think the tech is too pricey for what it offers...just trying to present you with all the information.

:lol: Clay, i know your not a fanboy, actually i put a high value on your words ;)

Theres also this From Philips, which im not sure if you know, but they are going to be a heavyweight in the 3D scene, thats if they can pull it off and actually have it on retail for consumers, and not just a few prototypes as was the case

http://www.inition.co.uk/inition/product.p...ereovis_philips

P.S i already knew most games are already produced in 3D (since im into the games Design Scene) and have heared that there will be something new coming out for 3D enthusiasts ;):P

Edited by SenitaL

:lol: Clay, i know your not a fanboy, actually i put a high value on your words ;)

Theres also this From Philips, which im not sure if you know, but they are going to be a heavyweight in the 3D scene, thats if they can pull it off and actually have it on retail for consumers, and not just a few prototypes as was the case

http://www.inition.co.uk/inition/product.p...ereovis_philips

P.S i already knew most games are already produced in 3D (since im into the games Design Scene) and have heared that there will be something new coming out for 3D enthusiasts ;):P

Thanks...I appreciate the vote of confidence...although I'm sure many here would tell you to get your head checked ;):lol:

We did not see that specific one last year at CES, but we did see a 3D TV by Samsung that required no glasses. It was pretty sweet, however, the 3D viewing angle is not the greatest. For the best experience you have to be directly in front of it, and you have to remain perfectly still. Here's what I wrote at the time:

Even more impressive was the 3D LCD TV that required no 3D glasses. The 52

I like the new future additions to the 3d vision movement, adds more of a reason to get it.

If only one could set up 6 IZ3D monitors in Eyefinity, and have a videocard that could render enough frames and the games still have advanced. That's my ideal gaming future that I look forward to!!

Good write up Clay, I hope this Nvidia 3D Vision takes off if only to put more fire under IZ3D'd behind