Sign in to follow this  
NuComer

White screen after a while

After overheating a few times your GPU could be damaged too.

Yeah, im aware of that, that's why im not trying as often now.

My brother is going to N.Y on vacation, ima talk to xfx to see if my brother can mail the gpu from a U.S address and after they

Edited by NuComer

Ok guys last minute update: today i got to try the card on another pc...kinda, So this is how it went, my friend has this HP T6000 something super donkey punch ultra mega computer, e8400 with an 8800gt, so we open it, we took his 8800 out, and put my 4870 in, just to figure out that his psu doesn't have 2x. pci express cables (and i didn't bring the adapters), but what we did was use my PSU to power just the card, and hes to power his rig. So i turn my psu on and he turns his computer on, and we are booting onto his Vista 32 Bit. everything boots normally, vista grabs itself the drivers (around 8 MB :S) and we run crysis...we ran it for 15 mins without crashing. Btw, before that we tried his ram on my computer aswell, boom white screen (around 1 minute in the game), so i guess this leaves me with two options, my mobo can be having a hard time running this thing since my board is so old, or my psu is defective and cant handle the card at full load with my other components perhaps?

I think this was a leap forward in all the troubleshooting i did, since it proved that the card was ok (i think).

Eager to hear your ideas guys :D

NuComer

Would it be to much trouble to use your psu in your friends computer?

you can still leave it out side the case unplug his and reconnect yours to see it can

function properly without crashing. Good Luck. With all computers there is a love/HATE relationship ;)

A real lot of hate :lol:

Yeah... i dont know why that didnt come to mind : / but ima try that out as well, about the love/hate thingy, i hate not being able to squeeze the power out of my new card, but i

Hey guys, so sorry for reviving a death thread, but i wanted to post this for the ppl who finds this by googling.

I think i might have "fixed" the issue, i downclocked the memory by 200mhz -_-" and knows its working ok, no crashes whatsoever after a 20 mins crysis run.

i hope this helps someone, and i hope this gives ppl the awenser when it comes to buying radeons from xfx.

thx for all the help guys :)