My first rig

Ringtail

And I'm gonna be running all my items by this store now to make sure I'm not overpaying anything else.

microcenter actually doesn't have very good prices for anything else, especially when I went to pick up my cpu everything else in the store was overpriced, though perhaps something will be cheaper there.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

microcenter actually doesn't have very good prices for anything else, especially when I went to pick up my cpu everything else in the store was overpriced, though perhaps something will be cheaper there.

Still, thanks a ton. If you or anyone else have a suggestion I'm still willing to hear it! Signing out for the night.

Very nice, but only 2 6-pin PCIe, so no go. The XFX 5870 takes two PCIe's, so it cuts off the ability to upgrade to dual.

oh good eye. That's pretty silly since it's such a high wattage unit, you'd think they'd have 4 connectors <_<

oh good eye. That's pretty silly since it's such a high wattage unit, you'd think they'd have 4 connectors <_<

Yeah it is. I gotta question, XFX's site says the 5870 has a min of 500W draw, is my power supply going be enough? what about for two? Also Newegg sold out on all models of the 5870, so if you know where one is for approx 400 dollars please let me know.

Yeah it is. I gotta question, XFX's site says the 5870 has a min of 500W draw, is my power supply going be enough? what about for two? Also Newegg sold out on all models of the 5870, so if you know where one is for approx 400 dollars please let me know.

you should be just fine.

I'm running my two harddrives, 4870x2, 8800GT, and CPU @ 4ghz (1.44v) on 750W so you should be plenty fine

you should be just fine.

I'm running my two harddrives, 4870x2, 8800GT, and CPU @ 4ghz (1.44v) on 750W so you should be plenty fine

Do you know where I can find an XFX ATI Radeon HD5870? It's sold out everywhere I look!

Alright. Sapphire as good as xfx?

yeah Sapphire is a great company, the only difference is that XFX cards have lifetime warranties and Sapphires come with 2-3 year warranties (I heard long ago they were lifetime though :()

Awesome! Well the debit just came out of my bank account so it's official, here's my rig:

• Intel i7-920 CPU
  • Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Motherboard
  • Patriot Gamer Series 6GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM
  • Sapphire Radeon HD5870 Video Card
  • Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200RPM HDD
  • Plextor 24X DVD/CD Writer Optical Drive
  • Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W PSU
  • Thermaltake Element G Mid-tower Case
  • Windows 7 Home 64-bit

Because this thing has made me utterly broke I'll have to wait on the Cooler Master V8 for my CPU, and until then simply keep it at its stock clock speeds with its stock cooler. I will update my profile when I have it built (est. December 30th). Thanks to those who helped, and thank goodness for sites like this one to offer people and reviews to help me in this topic!