EA Changing Business Strategy

greengiant912

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EA is just jealous over infinity ward's $550 million in the first 5 days for MW2.

Now that they saw people buy super hyped up games no matter what, and that the console gets more money in...of course they're going to change their business strategy...

He has a point, but in my opinion if any company out there learned anything about MW2, it is that they can make mediocre repeats of old games and add in some new items and sell it for millions by advertising the game on everything in the world. On the other hand... maybe EA sees potential for making something original to show everyone some real games, I have never been disappointed by them other stuff like DRM.

EA is just jealous over infinity ward's $550 million in the first 5 days for MW2.

Now that they saw people buy super hyped up games no matter what, and that the console gets more money in...of course they're going to change their business strategy...

Zoom! And there goes the topic, right over your head. :rolleyes:

I have Fifa 2002 and 2006, I personally found the graphics to be pretty good when compared to competitors back then. Except PES always beat it, so they need to stop making one every year and actually putting more work into them!

Crysis was a perfect move from EA, very good game! (Even if we still have struggles using AA on it to this day :lol:)

I think this is awesome, I don't care if they only made like 10 games a year. Its about quality not quantity!

I'll care when EA actually puts out 1 really good game. I can't claim they suck as they have grown quite big and successful ...mostly thanks to Madden but I can say there isn't 1 EA game I'd be sad if I lost.

a lot of silly posts in this thread

no one cares about the games EA develops

however all of you should care about what games EA publishes

I don't exactly see how we are going to benchmark our GPUs if they stop producing Crysis

Edited by potatochobit

a lot of silly posts in this thread

no one cares about the games EA develops

however all of you should care about what games EA publishes

I don't exactly see how we are going to benchmark our GPUs if they stop producing Crysis

The point of this thread is about the opposite. EA is trying to gain respect as a developer. Just because you can buy a company and publish their titles does not mean you will inherit respect. BioWare is perfect example of this. BioWare is throwing out killer title after killer title but any respect generated the gamers give to BioWare ...not EA. Sadly EA's mantra of DRM transitions over to BioWare games. BioWare gets to keep its brand name so I'm not exactly sure about the relationship between them and EA, but BioWare is really the only subsidiary of EA I actually have respect for. Not saying I don't own any other EA games ...like BF2 (DICE), Burnout (Criterion) and Civ4 (Maxis), but BioWare actually made a difference I can admire.

In the end though, no one gives EA props for BioWare's success. EA as a whole is seen as a mass quantity low quality game company and supposedly they want to change that. Good for them, I salute them and I'll be happy to welcome them to the game developers I can trust. But I won't care till they prove themselves and actually produce some games that I'll always want in my library. Personally I think their words would have meant more if it came at the tail end of the launch of a really good game they developed in house.

The point of this thread is about the opposite. EA is trying to gain respect as a developer. Just because you can buy a company and publish their titles does not mean you will inherit respect. BioWare is perfect example of this. BioWare is throwing out killer title after killer title but any respect generated the gamers give to BioWare ...not EA. Sadly EA's mantra of DRM transitions over to BioWare games. BioWare gets to keep its brand name so I'm not exactly sure about the relationship between them and EA, but BioWare is really the only subsidiary of EA I actually have respect for. Not saying I don't own any other EA games ...like BF2 (DICE), Burnout (Criterion) and Civ4 (Maxis), but BioWare actually made a difference I can admire.

In the end though, no one gives EA props for BioWare's success. EA as a whole is seen as a mass quantity low quality game company and supposedly they want to change that. Good for them, I salute them and I'll be happy to welcome them to the game developers I can trust. But I won't care till they prove themselves and actually produce some games that I'll always want in my library. Personally I think their words would have meant more if it came at the tail end of the launch of a really good game they developed in house.

What about Valve? :(