RIP Verran

grounded87

I'm speechless. Even though I never had much of a dialog with him, I remember seeing his keen advice from my first days at OCC, and I always held the utmost respect for him as a veteran here at OCC. He was part of what made OCC the place it is for me. My condolences. Oh Verran, I barely knew ye.

Sad to see such a veteran pass away... I never talked to him, but his posts were helpful and comprehensive. I hope his family and friends can handle it. Rest in peace.

Having lost my grandfather to cancer this october I can really sympathize with you, my heartfelt condolences to Ryan's family and everyone who knew him.

Cancer is a terrible disease and shows real strength on his part that he was able to work past it and help others as much as he did, I'm somewhat new here so I didn't get a chance to know him as well as a lot of the longtime members.

And to all the OCC members, keep on folding, so someday we won't have to deal with tragedies like this, I think that's the best legacy we can give him.

This is really harsh... man... I had a lot of fun times here on OCC doing stuff with my PC, stuff that none of my friends at university were into, and only a few people on OCC would dare try.

When I took on the mammoth task of a complete strip down and cut/paint of my full tower case, Ryan was one of the most keen followers of my worklog and soon did his own... when I was cutting the IHSs off A64s and people were still unsure about it, Ryan was at it too, and then lapping, overclocking, switching to water... trying to outdo each other every step of the way... I loved it... I miss that kinda competitiveness and determination... it was a lot of fun...

I really wish he coulda made it to CES one of the times I was there, so I could meet him in person, but sadly it couldn't happen.

This can't measure up anywhere near as much as your loss Nick, and I can only begin to imagine how gutted you must be... if I enjoyed a few years on an internet forum with Ryan, man... I truly feel for you

I feel like nothing I say can change anything, nor make anything better, but I hope that his friends and family know that he will be sorely missed even by people he only knew through Overclockersclub

truly a shame, i was hoping to chitty chat with him as he apparently also enjoyed trigun

i plan on praying for him his family you nick and his wife, losing someone that you just married a year ago must be terrible

:\ i can't remember how but i remember him being a huge help to me at one point

he'll be missed no doubt

RIP Verran/Ryan

Oh wow...

I was just thinking about Ryan the other day wondering why he hadn't been on OCC in so long. I am very, very sorry to read this :( . My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and everyone on OCC who knew him. He truly was a good person that helped a lot of people out in a lot of ways, not just with computers. He'll be missed.

Ryan was more than just one of the best staff members I ever had the pleasure of working with he was also a good friend. This is a true tragedy!

RIP, Ryan you will be remembered forever.